Simple style A-line dress. Based on How to Make an A-Line Skirt by burdastyle.
Did you know that I really love burdastyle. The place where a lot of seamstress meet and share their idea about sewing.
Material needed for this dress:
- basic bodice sloper
- A-line skirt sloper
- basic sleeve sloper
- 2 yards cotton in red color, zipper, 1/2 yard interfacing (I used pink color silk organza, the only thing I had inside my stash) and same colour thread.
How I made my dress:
1. I have to copy all my self-drafted pattern on the new sheets of paper and add 1.5 cm for seam allowance. Then transfer it onto the fabric that I already prepared before.
2. Sew the front and back bodice dart, right sides together. Sew the front and back bodice at the shoulder. Then sew the sleeve on the armhole.
3. With the right sides together, sew the front and the back bodice with the directions from the waist up to the sleeve. Then fold the sleeve hem 1 cm.
4. With the right side together, sew the front and the back skirt.
5. Sew the interfacing on the neck line with the right sides together. And turn it inside out. Topstitched the neck line 1/2 cm.
6. With the right sides together, sew the bodice and the skirt together. Insert the zipper. Stitch the hem line 1.5 cm. And iron the dress. DONE!!
Here I took some more photos of my dress: