DIY V-neck Tiered Dress

Image
Hello, I made three dresses to wear on my trip to Bangkok during the Easter holiday and this dress is the first one I made. I will share another two in the next posts.  I started working on this dress two weeks before the trip and I'm glad I managed to finish it on time, as well as my other dresses.  This dress was fun and relaxing to sew because I made one before in a midi length, so this time I shortened the length until my knee and sewed it easily. For the fabric, I used a printed rayon from my stash and white cotton lining leftover from my previous make. For the pattern, I used my self-drafted pattern. At first, I didn't want to add the lining but I had to because the fabric was a bit transparent, the lining fabric wasn't enough and I connected the pieces to make the back skirt. Here is the look of the fabric after cutting and the skirt was pieces of a rectangle: the first tiers - front and back, the last tier on the fold ( I forgot to take the p

Christmas Crafts #2 : Holly Leaves And Berries

Hi,
Today I'd love to share with you my second little project for Christmas Crafts 2015. I made six holly leaves with berries. The pattern is self drafted and before I write more about the process, let's take a look at the finished project :)

Pattern:
Self-drafted, begin from the two rectangle shapes for the leave 1 and 2. Another pattern number 3 is the small square shape for the berry. After I drew the rectangle and square shapes, I drew the rest. As shown in the picture below,

Materials:
Felt in dark green for the leaves and red for the berries
Grey thread to sew the leaves veins and light brown to sew the berries.
Some pin and scissor

Sewing Process:
After I cut all the leaves and berries, I pin the two pieces of leaves and berries together. Sew the leave veins with grey thread and around the berry with light brown thread. I did that in all the leaves and berries.

Then hand sewn the two finished leaves together, as shown below

Using the same thread, sewn the berry on the top of the leaves.

Sewn the second berry on it,

And sewn the last berry. I made sure the thread didn't shown in the right side of the leaves or berries. Done!

Here is one more picture of the finished holly leaves with berries :) I am planning to stick them somewhere in the living room or the door. I will see..

Happy Sewing!

Love,

Hana

Comments

  1. Cute Hana! As a child, I loved to draw holly leaves and berries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Hana!
    That is very beautiful!
    LG Carolin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful.. Know your having fun too.. Happy crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet little decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hana! Ive just been catching up with all your makes of late as I have been away for a while. You have been busy! I absolutely adore your little angels, they are so cute. By far, my favourite of your recent makes :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn! I have been busy with a lot of good things :) Hope you have a great time away :)

      Delete

Post a Comment