|floral shorts front|
I finished this floral shorts yesterday but still missing the refashion t-shirt and hand bag to complete my first project for 2013 style the stash sew a long.
While I am working on my refashion t-shirt, I'd love to share the details of the shorts with all of you.
1.5 yards of light weight floral linen, 1 yard of silk crepe de chine for shorts lining, 2 yards of cotton lace, fusible interfacing, invisible zipper, hook n' eye, 4 small snap fasteners and same color of thread.
I made this shorts from pencil pants pattern, based on Burdastyle Pencil Pants 04/2013 size 38.
As shown on my sketch above, I reduced/shorten the middle center of the pattern 6 cm - because the pattern is way to long for my petite body.
For the length of the shorts, I measured from the waist (a) down to the thigh area (b) 40 cm. And from crotch area (c) down to the inner thigh area (d) 21 cm. I also extend/added the side 2.5 cm, then I drew a new line from b to d.
Then I drew the waist band 4 cm wide, 89 cm long.
I added 1.5 cm seam allowance to all edges and 4 cm for hem allowance.
How I worked:
After I had all the pattern pieces, I transferred to a floral linen that I already prepared. I also cut the silk crepe de chine fabric for the lining but here I made the length of the shorts lining 6 cm less than the body (floral linen).
Then I pin and sew it according to the sewing instructions.
For the shorts lining - I hand sewn the invisible zipper on the lining and finished the hem line with the lace around it.
And here are more pictures of my floral shorts,
|floral shorts back|
As shown in the picture above, the waist band finished with hook n' eye and snap fasteners.
I hope you like it and happy sewing to you all!