DIY Puff Sleeve Dress

Hello, today's update is about my puff-sleeved dress, which I specially made to wear at my husband's birthday dinner last month. The design is a simple round neck dress, knee length and puff sleeves.
For the fabric, I used a silk-cotton blend and the fabric was a souvenir from our trip during Easter in Bangkok. I love the prints, so pretty.
I used my self-drafted pattern and I was planning to fully line the dress but I gave up because I thought the fabric wasn't transparent and I didn't need to worry about the lining.
The sewing process was enjoyable, I sewed the invisible zipper at the center back after sewing the darts. And then, sewed both front and back pieces at the shoulder line.
After that, I fused the fusible interfacing to the facings, sewed them together, and then attached them to the neckline.
I gathered the sleeves and then, attached them to the armholes.
After that, I sewed both sides of the dress, sewed the finished neckline by hand, and sewed the sleeve hems 1.5 cm and hemline 2.5 cm.
Here is the finished dress, I love the little puff sleeves and the fit was good, not too loose or too tight.
And here is the finished neckline, I basted and hand-sewed the facing. I love the neat result. 




That's it for today, thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoy reading my blog.
If you are interested in seeing more details and sewing progress, feel free to visit my YouTube channel,
link here, or click the video below,
Happy weekend 🌸🌸

Comments