DIY Puff Sleeve Dress

Image
Hello, today's update is about my puff-sleeved dress, which I specially made to wear at my husband's birthday dinner last month. The design is a simple round neck dress, knee length and puff sleeves. For the fabric, I used a silk-cotton blend and the fabric was a souvenir from our trip during Easter in Bangkok. I love the prints, so pretty. I used my self-drafted pattern and I was planning to fully line the dress but I gave up because I thought the fabric wasn't transparent and I didn't need to worry about the lining. The sewing process was enjoyable, I sewed the invisible zipper at the center back after sewing the darts. And then, sewed both front and back pieces at the shoulder line. After that, I fused the fusible interfacing to the facings, sewed them together, and then attached them to the neckline. I gathered the sleeves and then, attached them to the armholes. After that, I sewed both sides of the dress, sewed the f

DIY Batik Shirt - Ottobre Design Pattern


Hi there, I'm back from our summer holiday in Bangkok and we had a great time. I hope your summer holiday was enjoyable. As usual, I made new dresses for the holiday but will show you the dresses later. For now, I will show you a batik shirt I made for my husband. The shirt was his birthday present and I was glad he loved it.

He got the batik from my mom last year, a typical Indonesian batik with a combination of black and brown.
For the pattern, I used Ottobre Design Four Fellows shirt, size 54. I made this pattern before in a short sleeve and this time I made the hemline straight.


After I cut all the pieces and fused the interfacing on the collar pieces, I started working on the shirt according to the usual manner. It was an enjoyable process, especially since cotton fabric was easy to work with.
The only tricky one was sewing the collar and attaching it to the neckline. I did a lot of pinning and basting to get a neat result.



I uploaded a video of the making of this shirt and all the details on my YouTube channel, you can click the link if you are interested to see more DIY Batik Shirt or click the video below,



The prints didn't match because of the limited fabric but I think is okay. Also, I only sew one pocket because two are too much for my husband's liking.



I was happy the shirt turned out well and it fits him nicely. My husband wore it on the Birthday dinner 😍

I made the pink printed dress as well and I will show you the detail in another post.

That's it for today, thank you for stopping by and happy sewing 💗

Comments