DIY V-neck Tiered Dress

Image
Hello, I made three dresses to wear on my trip to Bangkok during the Easter holiday and this dress is the first one I made. I will share another two in the next posts.  I started working on this dress two weeks before the trip and I'm glad I managed to finish it on time, as well as my other dresses.  This dress was fun and relaxing to sew because I made one before in a midi length, so this time I shortened the length until my knee and sewed it easily. For the fabric, I used a printed rayon from my stash and white cotton lining leftover from my previous make. For the pattern, I used my self-drafted pattern. At first, I didn't want to add the lining but I had to because the fabric was a bit transparent, the lining fabric wasn't enough and I connected the pieces to make the back skirt. Here is the look of the fabric after cutting and the skirt was pieces of a rectangle: the first tiers - front and back, the last tier on the fold ( I forgot to take the p

Floral Puff Sleeve Dress

Hi friends, happy weekend. I'm showing you my new make, a floral puff sleeve dress for my entry to #magamsewalong "Jamboree June" challenge on Instagram hosted by Sue, Suzy and Whendy. My plan was to make a special and feminine dress to wear for a dinner out with my family or a staycation in the local hotel later in the summer holiday.
For the fabric, I used a floral rayon crepe from my stash and for the pattern, I used a Burdastyle dress with puff sleeves and a front gathering pattern from 03/2013 edition size 38.
I didn't have enough fabric for the whole dress, so I made an adjustment to the pattern by reducing the size of the skirt.


Here is the look of my pattern after I traced it, I reduced the sides of the skirt at the bottom 13 cm and then drew a new line to the upper skirt.

After I double-check the sizing, I found out that the bodices were too long for me. So I reduced 3.5 cm at the waistline. I marked it and folded the pattern pieces as shown in the picture below right side.

My sewing process started with gathered the front bodice pieces and sewed them together, I sewed the back bodice pieces together as well.
Attached the raglan sleeves to the bodices. 
Pinned and sewed the neckband to the neckline and sewed the seam allowances at the front slit. I sewed the front ties and inserted inside the slit.
After that, I sewed the invisible zipper on the left side of the dress.
Sewed the sleeve allowance and inserted the elastic band but I didn't make it too tight.
And I did the last part, reduced the skirt length 5 cm because it was too long for my liking and sewed the hemline. 

The dress design is lovely and I especially love the front gathers and ties, so girly and cute. I think this dress will look nice in maxi length too and also change the sleeve into a flute sleeve. I'll see and try it next time I make this pattern again.







I think this is enough for now, thank you for stopping by and happy sewing 💗

Comments

Post a Comment