Gingham Shirt

I  finished my gingham shirt for my entry to  #sewyourwardrobebasics October challenge with the theme "check" hosted by @seaofteal.
For the fabric, I used cotton blend gingham fabric. The fabric was a souvenir from my trip to London in 2017, so I'm really happy that I finally used it.
For the pattern, I used Fait Main May 2019-124. The original pattern was a dress pattern and I just cut the length and made the U-shape hemline. I did my first version of the pattern some month back (striped blue shirt), link here in case you are interested to see.
The sewing process was easy because I don't need to trace a new pattern and the fabric was lovely to work with.
I fused the fusible interfacing in the outer collar, cuffs and front plackets. Also, I tried my best to match the checked pattern and I was happy that the sides, sleeves and front matched nicely except for the shoulder 😊
The sleeve plackets finished with bias tape band that I made from the same fabric, I sewed the tape in the slit area and then sewed the cuff. 
The rest of the process was the same manner as any other shirt, so I don't need to explain more.






I think is enough for today, happy weekend and stay safe 💗

2 comments:

  1. It looks lovely! I'm trying to finish up a black gingham shirt dress for this month's challenge.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @sewing is my happy place, thank you and I look forward to seeing your shirt dress.

    ReplyDelete