Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

Gingham Shirt

I  finished my gingham shirt for my entry to  #sewyourwardrobebasics October challenge with the theme "check" hosted by @seaofteal.
For the fabric, I used cotton blend gingham fabric. The fabric was a souvenir from my trip to London in 2017, so I'm really happy that I finally used it.
For the pattern, I used Fait Main May 2019-124. The original pattern was a dress pattern and I just cut the length and made the U-shape hemline. I did my first version of the pattern some month back (striped blue shirt), link here in case you are interested to see.
The sewing process was easy because I don't need to trace a new pattern and the fabric was lovely to work with.
I fused the fusible interfacing in the outer collar, cuffs and front plackets. Also, I tried my best to match the checked pattern and I was happy that the sides, sleeves and front matched nicely except for the shoulder 😊
The sleeve plackets finished with bias tape band that I made from the same fabric, I sewed the tape in the slit area and then sewed the cuff. 
The rest of the process was the same manner as any other shirt, so I don't need to explain more.






I think is enough for today, happy weekend and stay safe 💗

Comments

  1. It looks lovely! I'm trying to finish up a black gingham shirt dress for this month's challenge.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @sewing is my happy place, thank you and I look forward to seeing your shirt dress.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment