DIY V-neck Tiered Dress

Image
Hello, I made three dresses to wear on my trip to Bangkok during the Easter holiday and this dress is the first one I made. I will share another two in the next posts.  I started working on this dress two weeks before the trip and I'm glad I managed to finish it on time, as well as my other dresses.  This dress was fun and relaxing to sew because I made one before in a midi length, so this time I shortened the length until my knee and sewed it easily. For the fabric, I used a printed rayon from my stash and white cotton lining leftover from my previous make. For the pattern, I used my self-drafted pattern. At first, I didn't want to add the lining but I had to because the fabric was a bit transparent, the lining fabric wasn't enough and I connected the pieces to make the back skirt. Here is the look of the fabric after cutting and the skirt was pieces of a rectangle: the first tiers - front and back, the last tier on the fold ( I forgot to take the p

Hand-knitted Eyelet Sweater


I started this sweater in May last year, it was very slow progress with a lot of errors. I unraveled the sweater three times but in the end, I'm happy with the final result. I posted the journey of making it on my Instagram , so I'm not going to show the photos again in the blog.

The original plan was to knit a simple eyelet sweater, square bodice and drop shoulder but in the end, I changed my mind and knit a seamless bottom-up sweater with decorative eyelets.
For the yarn I used Linie 152, Paloma, in orchid color and pattern was my own. I used 2.5 mm and 3 mm circular needles.

The progress was really slow and I took a break for three months during the summer holiday. 
And after some errors and unraveled the yarn for three times, I chose a seamless bottom-up sweater with three rows of decorative eyelets,

  1. I started with a cast-on 240 stitches and 1x1 rib stitch using 2.5 mm circular needle.
  2. Knitted in the round until 15 cm from the beginning of the row.
  3. Decorative stitch, started with the combination of purl one row and knit one row (2x). And then staggered eyelet stitch followed with purl and knit combination (2x).
  4. Repeated number 1-3 for the second decorative eyelet and skip the purl and knit combination for the third decorative eyelet.
  5. Knitted the sleeves, started with cast on 56 stitches, 1x1 rib, knit around and I increased some rows until reached 43 cm.
  6. I joined the bodice and sleeves together and decreased some rows and a lot of stitches to shape the shoulder.
  7. I did 1x1 rib stitch for the neckband and bind-off.
  8. Seamed the hole at the armhole where the bodice and sleeve meet using Kitchener stitch.



And here is the final result, I love the color and the decorative stitches. The sweater length is 63 cm from the shoulder line to the hem.

The final sweater is a little roomy and long, but it's fine for me as I need this kind of sweater to wear in my daily life.
The picture below, I wore it with my Ottobre denim pants.



That's enough for today, I'd love to knit another sweater with a top-down method in different color and type of yarn. I will see....
💗

Comments

  1. you're so talented. This is a beautiful pink sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What dedication to unravel your sweater three times, but the beauty in the final result is worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you,,Vanessa. Knitting is the best way to relax (for me) 😊💕

      Delete
  3. Bonito jersey y bonito color. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment