Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2020

2019 Make Nine Round-Up

Happy New Year everyone.
I decided to write a blog post after a long silence, last year wasn't a good year for me for blogging. I was too busy with other things in life, lost my mojo on writing but I managed to sew some garments.
Hope this year will be better and my mojo will be back and I can manage a good balance between sewing and blogging.
I'd love to focus on sewing basic wears and replacing the old garments that don't fit me. Also, I'd love to knit some tops and sew some undies and active wears. I have too many plans on my head and I think I should write them down and will let you know later.
For today, I'm sharing three last garments that I sewed and knitted for 2019 Make Nine challenge that I participated on Instagram.



Before I continue, here is the round-up of my 2019 Make Nine challenge, I did eight garments out of nine. Not bad! And I'll be including the last garment that I didn't sew (Burdastyle blazer) in this year's challenge.
In case you are missing, I shared my plans and the finished garments on my previous blog posts or you can visit my Instagram @velvetribbon_sews with hashtag #vr2019makenine


And here are the details of my last three garments that I sewed for the challenge:

Burdastyle Casually Cut Blouse 09/2018.

Fabric: lightweight printed cotton from stash.
I used size 38, I made full arm adjustment and shorten the sleeve and hem 3 cm.
The rest of the process was okay but a little more works to match all the stripes, especially at the front plackets. I basted before sewing the pieces and glad that they matched nicely.


Raglan Sleeve Sweater.

Pattern based on Drops design - Touch Of Heather size M, 3.5 mm circular needle and colorway wool yarn.
This sweater was taking months to finish, I decided to skip the lace sleeve and used stockinette stitches with sleeve and hem rib stitch.
Also, I decided to make the sleeve puffier and sleeve hem longer.



Vogue Misses Jacket 7975

Pattern V7975 Misses Jacket size 10 view C with B patch pockets. I made full arm adjustment and lengthen the sleeve length until my wrist.
For the fabrics, I used wool boucle in earthy grey colour and silk satin in off-white for the lining. Both fabrics were from stash.
The process started with a muslin and I added 1.5 cm on both sides of the bodices. After that I just followed the instructions. 
I pinned and basted a lot before sewing the jacket and made sure that the lining and the bodice matched properly.
I used both the sewing machine and hand-sewing to attach the jacket and the lining together.
Also, I added light shoulder pads. I copied the pattern from my old rtw jacket and I love the result. Just enough for my liking, not too thick and not too thin.


The shoulder pads were made from two-layer polyester felt. You can see the pictures below on how to make it. Easy and fast, I sewed the two-layer together using a sewing machine and attached to the shoulder line and hand-sewing them.
The last picture is the closer look of the patch pocket. I basted, pinned and sewed. I love the neat result.
That's it for today, until next... 💗

4 comments:

Camomile said...

The artwork and line drawings on Vogue's website leaves me cold, but your jacket is a knockout! I saw the picture in the beginning (your orange sweater is awesome too) and read your post hoping for jacket pattern info. So gorgeous.

Hana @velvetribbon_sews said...

Thank you, Camomile. I'd love to make this Vogue jacket again in lighter fabric. It's a beautiful pattern with easy instructions to follow 🙂

Vanessa said...

Happy New Years!! 8 out of 9 is a great way to finish. All your gatment s always look so beautifully made!

Hana @velvetribbon_sews said...

Hi Vanessa, Happy New Year to you too. I just visited your blog and love your makes and look forward to seeing your 2020makenine garments.