Raglan Cap Sleeve Dress - Burdastyle 08/2014
I was searching for the right pattern for my Liberty cotton tana lawn that I bought in London last year and happy I found Burdastyle raglan sleeve chiffon dress 08/2014. I think that my lightweight fabric is close enough to the original fabric suggestion.
The original dress pattern has gathered cap sleeve, scoop neckline, pin-tucked front, hidden pockets and mini length. But in mine, I did the pin-tuck at the back too, omitted the hidden pockets because they look bulky on my final dress and I lengthen the dress to knee length.
Also, I omitted the body lining as the original pattern because my fabric wasn't transparent.
Also, I tried three times sewing and removing the pin-tucks until I get the right measurements/length. In the end, the front pin-tucks ended right in my waistline and back pin-tucks ended 5 cm on top of my waistline.
The raglan sleeves were gathered on both sides of neckline, I basted them using two line of stitches then gathered and sewed the neckband. And then removed the basting after I did the neck band.
Things that I like most about this dress are the gathered cap sleeve and the pin-tucks even I am not sure if the cap sleeve flatter my arm, but who cares 😁
I will add more centimetres in both sides of the back dress next time I make this pattern again to avoid all the problems above.
Also, this dress is my entry for #magamsewalong June "Journey" hosted by lovely Sarah Liz Sew Style and #burdachallenge2018 for June 2018. I participated both challenges on Instagram.