Little Dracula For Halloween 2016
Happy Halloween to all!
I've been very quiet for a while, busy with a lot of things but so glad that I am still sewing 30 minutes - one hour a day and managed to finish some garments (a skirt, tunic and two dresses). I will be posting them in the next couple days :)
For today, I'd love to show you a vest that I made for my son for his Halloween party :) Isn't he a very cute little Dracula?
I was planning to make him the whole costume (a cape and vest) but I didn't have enough time, so I decided to make a vest and buy the cape in the local kid's store. His t-shirt is rtw and his black pants is me-made from last year.
I used BurdaStyle quilted vest 09/2014#146 size 128 and made modification in almost all the pieces so the final vest doesn't look like the original pattern.
- I changed the front neckline to a V-neck with the front hem with V-shape as well.
- Reduced the outer shoulder 2 cm.
- I omitted the front armhole and made a straight line started from outer shoulder down to the hem (it looks a bit like triangle shape).
- The back has huge hole/space - the two things that hold the back were the back neckline band and another band at the bottom. I made the back neckline exactly the size of the shoulder and another band (6 cm wide) attached 5 cm on top of the bottom/hem.
- Made front facings
- The back neckline band and vest sides finished with bias tape.
- Sewn 3 snap buttons and 3 black buttons for final touch.
For the fabric, I used red colour woven that I am not really sure which type. The fabric is the leftover from mickey mouse pants that I made for his costume last year.
The process was quite fast, I did the vest in one afternoon and then sew the snap buttons and black buttons at night. After all, I like how the vest turned out. The hole in the back is really great, he doesn't sweat and feel comfortable wearing with the cape over it :)
Here are the finished vest, front - back - side and the closer look of the front with snaps and buttons.
And more pictures of my son wearing it. He was very happy with his costume :):)
Happy Sewing and wishing you a wonderful Tuesday!