I made a new top! A very easy twist top based on Burdastyle tunic pattern 08/2012 size 34 ( only used the bodice and sleeve pattern) and followed step by step tutorials from Threads magazine June/July 2013.
This is a very cute and comfortable loose fitting top - V neck style and I didn't sew the front and back neckline, I just leave it raw.
Many months ago I transfer Burdastyle pattern 08/2012 bodice and sleeve pattern size 34 with adjustment on neckline and CB (sway back adjustment), then I make it as my basic sloper.
Then I copied my basic sloper and continue working on the pattern to make a twist top. Followed easy step by step tutorials form Threads magazine June/July 2013. Here is the picture from the magazine,
The process of drawing the new pattern of twist top is very easy and fast. In 30 minutes I finished the pattern and ready to cut the fabric :-)
The instructions said that I need 3-4 yards of knit fabric but I only have 1.5 yards of blue jersey knit. Well, my fabric is obviously not enough :( I search my stash and found another 1.5 yards of black jersey knit :-) Then I decided to make color block twist top, blue color for the front and sleeve, black color for the back.
The front top supposed to be only in one piece of fabric but as I don't have enough fabric, I make it in two pieces and then sew it together. After that, I twist it just like the instruction said.
Here is my sewing progress,
Then I sew the front and the back top right sides together. After that, I sew the sleeve hem. Done!
Here is the finished top, front view - close front view and back view
And the last picture of me wearing my new top. My husband took a picture of me for MMM day 9. I stayed at home the whole day - rain and temperature drop. I did a lot of house work that day and some hour sewing :)
I am loving my new twist top, it's so comfortable and cute at the same time. I am planning to make one more top with different color maybe purple or white but with shorter length and little bit tight at the waist. And I must remember to buy enough fabric for it! :-)
And the last post of the day is about my plan for May MAGAM challenge. I will be making a trousers based on Burdastyle Bootcut Trousers 10/2013#126A size 36. For the fabric, I will use trousers fabric that I bought last month - kind of stretch twill woven cotton in grey color.
|trousers image from Burdastyle pattern and my fabric|