Hello dear readers,
Finally I have done my January garment for MAGAM challenge. As you all know, this cape is based on Burdastyle cape pattern 08/2012 size 36. But I decided to make it shorter than the original pattern. For the fabrics and materials that I used for this cape, you can see it here.
Mostly, I enjoyed the sewing process but to sew the arm slits and lining took a long time to finish, I spent a lot of time on basting and hand sewing. Also, I made a little bit mistake on cutting the arm slits. It suppose to be right on the line between the shoulder piece and front piece but mine is below that line. Anyway, I think is fine and nobody noticed it:)
The picture below is the cape front, you can see that the decorative stitching on the shoulder pieces, piping on the arm slits and the double breasted front closure are very stylish.
The picture below is the cape back, you can see also the decorative stitching in the middle that I think is the smart way to add sweetness.
The picture below is the cape lining. I did a lot of basting and hand sewing on it. But after all, I am very happy with how my lining turned out. It really sit nicely on the cape without bulky.
And the last two pictures below are the full picture of me wearing my new cape, front and back.
That's it for my today post, I hope you had a lovely weekend!