Saturday, March 31, 2012

Woman Long Sleeve Ruffled blouse

woman long sleeve ruffled blouse
Material needed:
  •  1.5 yards (40 % cotton and 60% polyester)
  •  interfacing for the mandarin collar
  •  6 buttons
  •  same colour thread
  •  ruffled : I made from the same fabric and I trim it with my overlock machine
This blouse is very simple but the ruffled and mandarin collar made this blouse looks cute and flattering instead of a boring plain blouse:))


the fully front blouse
Add caption
Add caption






the back side of the blouse

I was sewing very calm and slowly this time, starting my project with the muslin first and sew my project. One by one my projects finished beautifully, I am really happy about it. I will post more of my projects later.
Happy sewing everyone!

Thursday, March 8, 2012

VR-Everyday Dress

VR-Everyday Dress
This dress is base on palm beach tunic (shift dress pattern) by Built by Wendy DRESSES The Sew U Guide To Making A Girl's Best Frock.

palm beach tunic



built by Wendy book
I chose shift dress pattern size XS for my first dress from this book. My project begin from transferring the original pattern on the new sheet of paper. By adding 1/2'' allowance on most seams and 1/4'' around small, curved areas. For hem allowances I added 1 1/2" ( I followed the book instructions). After I had done my pattern, I made muslin from very cheap cotton fabric. But Oh No!!! the muslin is too loose, the neckline too big and the bust dart too low for my body ( I really hate this part!!). 

Well, I have to take out the thread from my muslin to make the new one. For the neckline, I extended the center front of the neckline up by 3/4" from the original pattern. For the bust dart, I moved the bust dart up by 1/4" from the original pattern. For the dress bodice back, I extended up by 1/4" on the center back of the neckline and I added dress bodice back dart to avoid boxy impression. Ta DA! the dress fit well on my body:))


front dress with a slim V neck
back dress
The dress has short sleeve and  nautical a slim V-neck (  to make a V-neck, I moved the center front neckline in by 2" and blend it down 5"). I only made the front V-neck facing and I added bias tape to finish all the facing around the neckline. You can see the blue bias tape inserted in the wrong side of my dress . The back side of my dress finished with invisible zipper.

front dress


back dress


This dress may be very simple style, but I really liked it and definitely I'll make another one with more light fabric.

Happy sewing and thanks for reading:))

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Tie Bow Blouse


Finally I had time to post my latest project. The 80's style long sleeve blouse. Made from chiffon that I bought two months ago but I did not have time enough to sew all my fabric.
The blouse pattern is from selfdrafted pattern without bust dart. It's very easy because I do not need to worry about making button hole.




The size of the tie is 12 cm x 30 cm (2 pieces), I connected the two pieces together and then stitch it directly on the neck line.


This is how the front blouse turned up.

This is the wrong side of the front blouse.


The skirt looks good to match with the blouse, I am really loving it.
For more detail about the skirt visit my post on high waist skirt #1

linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...