|palm beach tunic|
Well, I have to take out the thread from my muslin to make the new one. For the neckline, I extended the center front of the neckline up by 3/4" from the original pattern. For the bust dart, I moved the bust dart up by 1/4" from the original pattern. For the dress bodice back, I extended up by 1/4" on the center back of the neckline and I added dress bodice back dart to avoid boxy impression. Ta DA! the dress fit well on my body:))
I chose shift dress pattern size XS for my first dress from this book. My project begin from transferring the original pattern on the new sheet of paper. By adding 1/2'' allowance on most seams and 1/4'' around small, curved areas. For hem allowances I added 1 1/2" ( I followed the book instructions). After I had done my pattern, I made muslin from very cheap cotton fabric. But Oh No!!! the muslin is too loose, the neckline too big and the bust dart too low for my body ( I really hate this part!!).
|built by Wendy book|
|front dress with a slim V neck|
This dress may be very simple style, but I really liked it and definitely I'll make another one with more light fabric.
Happy sewing and thanks for reading:))