Crochet Swimsuit Cover-up Dress

Image
Hi there, I hope you are well. I finally finished my crochet swimsuit cover-up dress that I started at the beginning of February. I enjoyed the slow process and was happy with how it turned out. I used 9 skeins of off-white cotton yarn and a 3 mm crochet hook. For the pattern, I followed a YouTube tutorial from  Crochettoz . It's a clear and easy tutorial to follow, thank you so much 😍 Also, I shared my process of making this cover-up on my YouTube channel, click the video below if you want to see it. And please, subscribe to my channel if you like the video and want to see more in the future 😊😍 I took a few photos of the progress and the picture below shows the start of the cover-up dress. I did chain stitch until I reached 60'' and followed with double crochet stitch and then crocheted the patterns. I mostly crochet at night when I finish all the house chores and sometimes in the afternoon when I'm sitting on the sofa.  The cover

DIY Women's Boxer Shorts

I made two boxer shorts to replace the old ones that aren't in condition to wear. I decided to sew them yesterday as soon as I have free time and I'm glad the first boxer shorts in brown printed jersey knit are done in three hours. And then, I continue to sew another one this morning. 
So happy that I had two pairs of very comfy memade boxer shorts now and for sure I will wear them daily at home. 

For the fabric, I used a brown printed jersey knit that I bought last month and a white printed floral knit cotton from my stash. I still have leftovers of both fabrics to make other garments. Maybe boxer shorts for my husband, I will see. 

I had a self-drafted boxer shorts pattern before, but I couldn't find it. So, I decided to draft another but this time I used my self-drafted pants as a base. 
I laid both pants pattern pieces and added 6 cm space between them. 
Added 2 cm at the upper line at the waistline.
Lengthened both crotches front and back by 1 cm (I added directly after the point of the crotch)
I measured 11 cm from the middle of the crotch down to the hemline. 
And then, I connected the pattern pieces using the purple line as shown in the picture above. 

I laid the boxer's pattern on the fabric and then added a 7 cm waistband directly after the mark of the waistline. I used a 1 cm seam allowance for all edges and a 2 cm hem allowance.

I had all things for the boxer shorts, fabric pieces, threads, and an elastic waistband.

The progress started with sewing the crotch lines using the overlocker machine.

I sewed the inner legs after the crotch lines.

I laid the boxer shorts with the wrong side facing out. And then, I worked on the waistband by folding a 1 cm seam allowance and folding another 2 cm for the waistband. Pinned and sewed it using the sewing machine and left 2 cm open to insert the elastic.

I inserted the elastic and sewed again the open space and then top-stitched the waistband using a zig-zag stitch.
After that, I sewed the hemline by folding the fabric 2 cm and stitched it using the twin needle. 
I'm done, fast and easy little project to sew 😍

That's it for today, I hope this little tutorial will help the beginner sewist or anyone interested to sew something easy, and fast and use the fabric leftovers because these boxer shorts needed less than a meter. 
Please feel free to use this tutorial and tag me on my Instagram @velvetribbon_sews if you are making the boxer shorts, I'd love to see them 😍 

Happy sewing friends 💗

Comments