Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

DIY Boy Doll

Hello everyone..
I made this doll for my younger son, Eduardo and the best thing is he loves it! :)
He was watching me sewing the doll and took the doll from my hand as soon as I finished. The funny thing is he named the doll Eduardo :)

Pattern:
Boy fabric doll from Make It And Love It. The pattern is free with easy step by step tutorial.

Materials:
White cotton, red knit cotton, gingham fabric, dark brown polyester felt, button, polyester stuffing and threads

The sewing process was really fun and relaxing. I cut the fabrics and sew according to the Ashley tutorial. And here is my doll in progress before I sew the pieces together and stuff it,

Well, after I made the boy doll, I feel like to make two more - boy and girl. So I can make a little family doll, mom-dad and Eduardo. Sounds good :)



The only different thing I made is the shoe laces, I made horizontal line shoe laces. The original is cross line shoe laces

This post is the continuation of my weekly update DIY Friday and also, I am linking this post to Caroline for Show Off Saturday

Happy Sewing!

Comments

  1. How cute! Great that your son liked it so much, its really an adorable doll! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute boy doll! I believe that your son loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doll Eduardo is gorgeous - no wonder your son loves it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah Liz. We had two Eduardo at home :D

      Delete
  4. Great job on this gorgeous little doll! I'm sure it is all the more special to your son because he watched you make it for him :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How special! I love the idea of a doll family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! And a cute name too. I loved soft dolls as a child, Im sure your son will get hours of pleasure from his. I shall look forward to seeing a complete dolly family Hana :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn. He is enjoying his new company :)

      Delete
  7. So cute.. Fun to make too, aren't they? I made one, years ago, and My granddaughter found it.. She is 14 and she absolutely loves it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy. Kid always loved dolls, I think I should make it earlier :)

      Delete

Post a Comment