Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

Weekend Refashion

Hello..
I refashioned my two old dresses. I had the idea some months ago but always delayed with other things. And I am so glad that Me-Made-May'15 inspired me to look back to what I have sewn and forced me to refashion some garments and throw away others that really don't fit anymore. Yay!

Firstly, I will show you my refashioned dress. I love it very much because of the prints. The fabric is viscose, it isn't the best fabric to wear in hot summer day but I couldn't resist the prints :D
This dress is my self-drafted. My work in this dress wasn't so bad even I noticed that the armhole was a little bit big and I sewn the zipper in wrong side. It supposed to be in the left side but I sewn it in right side :)

The picture below shows my dress after I refashion it. I wore it yesterday for MMMay'15 day 16.
This picture was taken yesterday morning in one of the gardens here in my place (Taipa-Macau). My husband snapped it just before we went to the supermarket for some shopping. And we were lucky that the strong rain only came after we left.

Here is the picture of the old dress before I refashion, I wore it in MMM'13. The dress has ruffles at the neckline, cap sleeves and three pleated in front and back skirt. It is a very cute dress and comfortable to wear but I need to change for something more simple.

What I did, I cut the ruffles at the neckline and the cap sleeves. Especially for the sleeves, I measured 1.5 cm from outer shoulder and cut it. As shown in the picture below,

And then, I cut the back side with V back style. As shown in the picture below,

After I cut the neckline and sleeves. I pin the 1/2" wide bias tape right sides together. And then stitched it. Turned the bias tape inside the dress and stitched again. I did that in both neckline and armholes.

And here is the final work. The front dress with round neckline and back dress with V back style.

And here is one more picture of me wearing my refashion dress - back view. I am loving it and I think the V is just in right amount, not so deep and laid nicely on my back :)

The second one is refashion top from an old self-drafted dress. The fabric is cotton voile printed with several bows. I love this dress but too bad that it shrink after so much washing.
Then I decided to cut the dress and make it as a top, kind of peplum top :)

In case you are curious, here is the picture of the original dress. I wore it in MMMay'13 and MMMay'14. I love this dress very much because of the simplicity. Sleeveless and not so tight, just perfect for hot summer weather.

What I did, I cut the dress right in my hips and stitched it using my overlocker sewing machine with rolled hemmed stitch. So easy!
 
That's it for my today post, I wish everyone a lovely weekend and Happy Sewing!

Comments

  1. Lovely refashions. I agree, it is good to go through the wardrobe and re-assess garments. I'm not officially doing Me Made May on my blog, but have gone through me wardrobe as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely to make new garments from old, especially when you love the fabric. Yours look beautiful. I'm not officially doing Me Made May either but I have worn something I've made every day so far. It's a good opportunity to go through your wardrobe. I'm sorting things to pack for my holiday, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. Hope you have a great holidays :)

      Delete
  3. Great that you could save those beautiful fabrics! I think the first dress looks a lot better now, I really like the v-neck. The top is very cute too, great work :) I wish you a lovely weekend, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Katharina. Wish you a lovely weekend too :)

      Delete
  4. This are two very clever refashions! I like the efficient cutting of the ruffels and sleeves, the dress has gotten interesting and is looking very pretty! The top is very nice, too, and you have saved in this way your pretty dress! Have a nice sunday, SaSa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hana, what a beautiful job you did on you remakes.. The dress is lovely and looks so pretty on you.. I really like the top too.. great job..
    Hope you are having a wonderful weekend too.. happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Judy. We did have a lovely weekend :) Happy sewing!

      Delete
  6. Hear Hana!
    Your dress is beautiful and I love your top. It looks very good.
    I wish you a nice evening!
    LG Carolin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you did with the dress. The simpler style shows off your figure much better. The peplum top is very cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hana, such lovely re fashions. Both lovely. And re fashions feel like a whole new outfit even though they are not :)x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love them both! I love low back of any type.
    I have a box of refashions I need to get to myself. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tasha. Can not wait for your refashion projects :)

      Delete

Post a Comment