DIY Batik Dress And Ruffle Hem Gingham Dress

Image
Hi there, today I'm making a test to share my Youtube video on this blog. It's about the making of my two dresses that I wore during the Easter holiday and a bit of our life during that week. 🔹️ The green batik dress. Fabric: I used an Indonesian batik from my stash. Pattern: self-drafted and I made a few dresses using this pattern before. This dress has sleeveless, no zipper, a loose and knee length.  🔹️ Ruffle hem gingham dress. Fabric: I used gingham cotton fabric from my stash. Pattern: self-drafted. This dress has v-neckline (front and back), no zipper, ruffle hem and a little bow at the front neckline. Both dresses are easy to make and comfy to wear. Perfect for summer 😍 Thank you for stopping by and happy weekend 🌺❤

V-neck Cotton Top

Hello dear readers,
I was checking my wardrobe and found out it lacked a simple top to wear daily. So, I decided to make one last month in a yellow batik fabric detail here on my IG (in case you are interested to see it).
Apparently, one top wasn't enough and I made another in floral cotton fabric last week. 
I wore the floral top yesterday for Sunday out with my family, I paired it with me-made denim pants. I love the top, comfortable and easy to wear. 

The floral cotton fabric was from my stash and I still have leftover to make another top.   

For the pattern, I used my self-drafted basic v-neck top. It has a side front dart, short sleeve and finished neckline with a neck facing with a back button closure. 

After I cut the fabric, I sewed the top according to the usual manner and it was easy and fast. I did the top in less than three hours.

Here are the results, front, side and back views.





That's it for today, thank you for stopping by ❤
Happy sewing!

Comments

  1. Brilliantly presented! Your post is both insightful and thought-provoking. Appreciate you sharing your valuable perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do so enjoy seeing your garments , and wanted to ask if you learnt your pattern cutting skills from a particular book or did you attend a course? It makes so much sense to make/design one's own patterns - they are so expensive these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Judy. I learnt pattern drafting from a book and also from Youtube which I think is the best because of the step by step with videos.

      Delete

Post a Comment