DIY V-neck Tiered Dress

Image
Hello, I made three dresses to wear on my trip to Bangkok during the Easter holiday and this dress is the first one I made. I will share another two in the next posts.  I started working on this dress two weeks before the trip and I'm glad I managed to finish it on time, as well as my other dresses.  This dress was fun and relaxing to sew because I made one before in a midi length, so this time I shortened the length until my knee and sewed it easily. For the fabric, I used a printed rayon from my stash and white cotton lining leftover from my previous make. For the pattern, I used my self-drafted pattern. At first, I didn't want to add the lining but I had to because the fabric was a bit transparent, the lining fabric wasn't enough and I connected the pieces to make the back skirt. Here is the look of the fabric after cutting and the skirt was pieces of a rectangle: the first tiers - front and back, the last tier on the fold ( I forgot to take the p

Linen Top With Lace Applique

I planned to make a linen top with lace applique for my entry to "Sew Recreate The Look" challenge hosted by Jen and Sharlene on Instagram last month but couldn't make it on time. I finished the top on 7th May and I only managed to take pictures today. 
This top is also for my entry to "Magam Sewalong" - April Amigas challenge hosted by Sue, Suzy and Helene on Instagram, I got the lace fabric from my friend Ana Maria two years ago and I think this top matches the theme.

The top design was copied from Pinterest, link here and the fabric was a linen from my stash. I lined the top with lightweight cotton fabric in off-white color.

For the pattern, I used my self-drafted pattern. I modified my basic top sloper into the design I want. As shown below. I changed the side ties fabric into cotton shirting because the linen was a little hard to tie together, not so nice.
The sewing progress involved a lot of pinning and basting, especially when I attach the lining to the bodices. The invisible zipper sewed at the center back and the rest of the progress was according to the usual manner.

After the top is done, I worked on the lace applique. I cut the pieces carefully and then pinned them on the front neckline and hand-sewing all the pieces. It was taking forever and glad I managed to finish it 😍


Here is the finished top, I'm very happy with the result and I might make this top again in the future.



The skirt I'm wearing is me-made as well, self-drafted pattern and I used dark grey denim fabric. The whole outfit is my entry to Me Made May 2023 Day 18 😍

That's all for today, Happy sewing 💗

Comments