DIY V-neck Tiered Dress

Image
Hello, I made three dresses to wear on my trip to Bangkok during the Easter holiday and this dress is the first one I made. I will share another two in the next posts.  I started working on this dress two weeks before the trip and I'm glad I managed to finish it on time, as well as my other dresses.  This dress was fun and relaxing to sew because I made one before in a midi length, so this time I shortened the length until my knee and sewed it easily. For the fabric, I used a printed rayon from my stash and white cotton lining leftover from my previous make. For the pattern, I used my self-drafted pattern. At first, I didn't want to add the lining but I had to because the fabric was a bit transparent, the lining fabric wasn't enough and I connected the pieces to make the back skirt. Here is the look of the fabric after cutting and the skirt was pieces of a rectangle: the first tiers - front and back, the last tier on the fold ( I forgot to take the p

Off The Shoulder Jacket

I have been planning to make a casual jacket since last year and I'm glad I finally made it. I love the final result, easy to wear and comfortable. Spring is finally here and this jacket is perfect to wear. For the pattern, I used Burdastyle jacket 01/2023, my dear SIL gave me the magazine pattern and I was thrilled, so many lovely patterns that I'd love to make. 
The original jacket was using wool fabric with the lining but I used double-knit fabric and facings. Also, the jacket has in-seam pockets and is finished with a front zipper. Simple design which I really love.
The sewing progress was easier than I thought, so I will be making the original version with the wool fabric and fully lining later to wear in the winter.   

Sewing the in-seam pockets was a little trickier, I removed and sewed them again twice until I get right.

I pinned and basted the zipper before sewing it to avoid a mess. After the zipper was done, I sewed the sleeve hem and hemline.

And here are the finished jacket, front, side and back views.





The closer look at the in-seam pocket. 

And the inner jacket, so you can see the facings and the pocket bag.


Also, I managed to make a long sleeve color-block top to wear with my new jacket. I used leftover scraps from the previous garments. For the pattern, I used my self-drafted off-the-shoulder top. I made three tops using the pattern, so this color-block top is the fourth version and I think I will make more 😀


The top was easy to sew and I did it in one day. I used mostly my overlocker machine to sew this top and a twin needle to sew the hemlines. The neckline is finished with the band and top-stitch it over the right side of the neckline.



Until next...
Happy Sewing ✂💗

Comments