Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

V-Neck Purple Shirt


I realized that my last post on this blog was in November, wow! Time flies so fast, I was busy, low sewjo but glad I still managed to sew a few simple garments. I posted them on my Instagram and I will show the collage at the end of this post.

And today, I want to show my recent make, a simple shirt that I wore at Valentine's dinner last Tuesday. Also, this shirt is my entry to #magamsewalong challenge "February Fling" on Instagram hosted by Sue, Suzy and Morag, thank you, ladies. To follow the theme, I just make something to fling on, to get rid of one more fabric in my stash and make something nice to wear for dinner out 😄

I used Burdastyle pattern 12/2019 -101 A size 38 and changed the neckline into a v-neck by lowering the center front 11 cm and creating a new v-line. I moved the front shoulder line to the actual shoulder, omitted the ruffles and inserted elastic on the sleeve hem (the original pattern was with a sleeve slit and band). Here is my first version of the original shirt in case you are interested to see it.
For the fabric, I used a kind of crepe fabric with a little stretch in purple color from my stash. 
As shown below, I extended the center front about 1.2 cm and used it for snap buttons later. I created a front-facing and placket together and also back-neck facing as well. 
The sewing process was according to the usual manner. I fused the facings with fusible interfacing first and then sewed them together before attaching them to the shirt.
I pinned and basted along the front facings before top-stitch them using a blind stitch from the right side of the shirt.
I inserted the elastic inside the sleeve hem and really love this fast method to create a puff sleeve. And then, pinned the hemline and after that, I just sew/top-stitch from the right side of the shirt from the back neck to the front line 2.5 cm and 2 cm for the hemline.
And hand-sewing the front corners.
The last part was sewing the snap buttons/snap fasteners, I sewed the buttonhole at first but the fabric was slippery and difficult to behave, so I removed the buttonhole and use snaps instead.
Here is the final result of the shirt, easy and fast to make 😍 I can wear the shirt with buttons shut or open.







And below was the shirt in the wild 😀 Taken at a Japanese restaurant where we had our Valentine's dinner. I also wore black pants that I made last year using Simplicity 1314 pattern.
And the pictures below are the simple tops that I made from December to the beginning of February.
  1. Gathered front top in deep purple knit cotton, self-drafted pattern. 
  2. Long sleeve black t-shirt, self-drafted pattern.
  3. Lace Bow Tie top pattern is based on Burdastyle and the white t-shirt underneath was a self-drafted pattern.
  4. 5. 6. Drop-shoulder tops, the first version with a round neckline, the second and third with a v-neckline. The pattern was self-drafted.
I think that is more than enough for today, happy sewing 💗✂

Comments

Post a Comment