DIY V-neck Tiered Dress

Image
Hello, I made three dresses to wear on my trip to Bangkok during the Easter holiday and this dress is the first one I made. I will share another two in the next posts.  I started working on this dress two weeks before the trip and I'm glad I managed to finish it on time, as well as my other dresses.  This dress was fun and relaxing to sew because I made one before in a midi length, so this time I shortened the length until my knee and sewed it easily. For the fabric, I used a printed rayon from my stash and white cotton lining leftover from my previous make. For the pattern, I used my self-drafted pattern. At first, I didn't want to add the lining but I had to because the fabric was a bit transparent, the lining fabric wasn't enough and I connected the pieces to make the back skirt. Here is the look of the fabric after cutting and the skirt was pieces of a rectangle: the first tiers - front and back, the last tier on the fold ( I forgot to take the p

Patchwork Tote Bag

Hello, I didn't make any updates to this blog since January. Busy life and also, I got sick and stayed in the hospital for a few days. I'm glad and thank God that I'm recovering and slowly back to my normal life, also starting to sew again (so happy). 
I managed to make two tops and scrunchies in January, a long sleeve t-shirt and a hand-knitted cowl in February. I posted all my makes on my Instagram in case you are interested to see them.

I started to sew again yesterday after I took a good rest and I managed to finish the patchwork tote bag that was on my sewing table since the beginning of this month. I used scrap fabrics left-over from my previous makes. I cut them in a rectangle shape and sewed them together.
I sewed both sides and bottom, after that, I folded the upper back 3 cm and pinned the handle on both sides. I used the band for the handle.
Sewed around the upper back two times, as shown in the pictures below.
I love the final result, I think this bag is cute and useful. The final size is 28 cm tall and 26 cm wide, small and just enough to put a few things 😊
I used this bag today for small shopping, also wearing me-made outfit a self-drafted white t-shirt and elastic waist floral pants that I made a few years back, I don't remember which pattern I used.
That's it for today, happy sewing, happy weekend and take care 💗

Comments

Post a Comment