Burdastyle Blazer

Hello, 
I finally finished my new blazer after three weeks working on it.
This blazer is my entry to #sewyourwardrobebasics September challenge hosted by Stefanie @seaofteal Sorry I'm late 😑 
Pattern: I used Budastyle 107-10/2019 size 19 with adjustments. 
Fabrics: cotton blend with a little stretch in dark blue and silk satin in brown for the lining. Both fabrics  and notions (threads, buttons and fusible interfacing) were from stash.

The original pattern has welt pocket with flap and short style blazer. As I wanted to save time, I changed into patch pocket and lengthened the hem 11 cm because I wanted a longer version.
Also, as my fabric was cotton blend with a little stretch (pattern suggestion: knit fabric), I have to make adjustment on the pattern.
I did full bicep adjustment on the upper sleeve pattern, I slashed the pattern in three and connected them again.
Also, I added 1.5 cm in the middle of the side piece. As shown below, 
After I did the pattern adjustment, I made a muslin with the same length as the original pattern. 
The result was fine in sleeves but the waistline still too tight. And as I don't feel like to make the second muslin, I added 1 cm in both sides of the back started from the waistline down to the hipline.
Here is the look of the blazer before I attached the sleeves, I lengthened the hem and replaced the welt pocket with patch pocket. But in the end of my work, I removed the patch pocket because it doesn't look good on this blazer.
I made thin shoulder pads using polyester felt, cut three pieces in different sizes and sew them together. As shown below,
After that I hand sewed into the shoulder. I love the result, not too bulky.
I basted the blazer at the collar and front sides after I attached the lining. 
Also, pinned almost all the edges before I hand sewed the lining to the blazer. It was a very slow progress but well worth the time and effort.
The final part was sewing the buttonholes and I used my machine, I love the automatic buttonhole that made the job easier. 
For the buttons, I used the souvenir from my trip to Singapore. I'm happy I finally use them.


I think is enough sharing the details of my blazer, I'm off to plan October's garment and thinking to make one garment for two challenges, #magamsewalong and #sewyourwardrobebasics

Happy sewing and stay safe ❤

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Striped Shirt

DIY Hair Tie

Summer Dress With Ruffle Hem