Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

V neck Floral Print Dress


Hello, I finished my floral dress yesterday and so glad it turned out as planned. This dress is my entry to #magamsewalong "Juggling June" and #sewyourwardrobebasics "Prints" challenges on Instagram.
For the pattern, I used my basic dress sloper and modified the neckline into a v-neck, changed the dart placement and reduced the shoulder length and armhole.
Fabrics were floral cotton voile, remnant 125 cm that I bought during my trip to Portugal last summer and for the lining, I used white cotton I bought locally.
I was happy to juggle all things, from the limited fabric to modifying the pattern. I changed the dart placements two times and made a muslin.

I drafted the facings but in the end I don't need them because I sewed the lining fabric directly onto the fashion fabric.

The sewing progress was fast, involved a lot of clipping and basting. The invisible zipper sewed in the center back.
I fully lined the dress, sewed the darts, sewed the lining and fashion fabric together except the hemline sewed separately.

I forgot to fuse the fusible interfacing in the neckline but I think the two fabrics together are enough to make the neckline stay in place.












I'd love to make this dress again in different prints. This dress is a truly wardrobe basics with lovely prints, I will wear it during summer, spring and autumn with a cardigan.

That's it for today, thank you for hosting the challenges ladies, I look forward to sewing July's garments.
#sewyourwardrobebasics challenge hosted by @seaofteal and @sewyourwardrobebasics

Comments

  1. This is a perfect example of allowing the fabric to shine! The design of the dress lends beautifully to the fabric you chose. I think you pulled off "prints" very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hana,
    I'm very impressed! You are joining my challenge again! Thank you very much! I'm glad you like it! :)
    And again you've made a beautiful dress. I love the flower print and the V-neck looks great on you.
    I hope you like the July theme as much and you'll join me again.
    Greetings from Germany,
    Stef

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Hana,
    That is such a pretty floral print, and the design of the dress allows us to see all of the flowers. Very pretty. You always make your sewing projects look so easy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Sea Of Teal, thank you so much Stefanie. I love the July theme and I'm planning to make shorts and skirt. I'll be using the fabrics from stash :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment