DIY V-neck Tiered Dress

Image
Hello, I made three dresses to wear on my trip to Bangkok during the Easter holiday and this dress is the first one I made. I will share another two in the next posts.  I started working on this dress two weeks before the trip and I'm glad I managed to finish it on time, as well as my other dresses.  This dress was fun and relaxing to sew because I made one before in a midi length, so this time I shortened the length until my knee and sewed it easily. For the fabric, I used a printed rayon from my stash and white cotton lining leftover from my previous make. For the pattern, I used my self-drafted pattern. At first, I didn't want to add the lining but I had to because the fabric was a bit transparent, the lining fabric wasn't enough and I connected the pieces to make the back skirt. Here is the look of the fabric after cutting and the skirt was pieces of a rectangle: the first tiers - front and back, the last tier on the fold ( I forgot to take the p

Pink Tana Lawn Dress

I made this dress in May but I didn't like the look of the final dress on me. The dress based on Burdastyle plumetis dress 04/2019-120 and fabric was Liberty cotton tana lawn in crushed pink, I bought this during our trip to London.
Firstly, I omitted the stand collar and made a v-neck by folded the neckline to the outer side and hand sewed both lines. The dress has ruffles sleeve and hem, I decided to shorten the length of the ruffle hem until my knee.
But I wasn't happy with the look of the ruffle sleeves on me and as I don't have too much time to sew I just put this dress back inside my closet. And only in October I pick it out and removed the ruffle sleeves, sewed and wore it. Well, as you saw in the picture above, the dress looks much better without ruffle sleeves.




After I removed the ruffle sleeves, I worked on the neckline. I cut the round neckline and made it v-neck. And then, pinned and sewed the bias binding around. I was happy with the clean look of the v-neck and I think it looks much better on me.

I kept the belt and added bell-loops on both sides of the waistline.

The dress can be worn with or without a belt, but I prefer to wear it with a belt.

After all, I'm glad that I managed to re-style this dress and wore it. I was thinking to make the second version without ruffle hem and longer length.

That's it for today everyone, Happy Sewing 💗

Comments

  1. such a beautiful dress. You're very talented. This shade of pink suits you really well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment