Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

August - October Garments 2019

Hello, I'm back after a long break from blogging and I'd love to share the garments I sewed for three months (August - October). I managed to sew eleven garments for everyday wear, I used stash fabrics and leftover scraps and also, some of these garments were my entry to #magamsewalong and #2019makenine challenges in Instagram.

1). Denim Skirt.
Fabric: dark grey denim and pattern: self-drafted, followed the book Basic Pattern Making. Firstly, I made a basic pencil skirt and then modified it into an a-line shape skirt. I made one similar skirt in blue denim before but with a big pocket on both sides. 
Here is the sewing progress if you are interested to see.
2). Stripes Cotton Blouses.
Fabrics: cotton shirting leftover from DH's shirts and pattern: Fait Main Magazine - May 2019.
I like these sweet blouses, especially the v-neckline with placket and buttons. The length of the white colour was shorter, just below my waistline and the red colour was exactly like the original pattern. More details can be found in my IG, link here.
And glad I managed to wear the red blouse with a grey denim skirt, below picture taken during our holiday in Portugal. We visited the miniature park - Portugal dos Pequenitos, Coimbra.
3). Button-Down Dress.
Fabric: Jijaka Australia print (new stash) bought in Spotlight store and pattern: TNT pattern, modified from Burdastyle maxi dress 11/2013 - 129 and this dress is the 7th version.
More about this dress in my Instagram posted in August, link here  and  here.
I decided to add sleeve vent in the middle of the sleeve hem and decorated it with the button. It looks cute to me.
The two pictures below were taken during our holiday in Algarve.

4). Summer Dress.
Fabric: Japanese cotton and pattern based on Burdastyle top pattern 07/2018 - 116. I added the length until my knee, omitted the front buttons and inserted the side zipper. This dress was my entry to #magamsealong August, you can see my plan  here .
And these two pictures were taken during our summer holiday in Portugal and I managed to wear me-made clothes the whole time except undies. Next challenge will be sewing my undergarments and socks, so I will be wearing head to toe Me-Made 😁

5). V-neckline Shirt.
Fabric: knit cotton in blue and pattern: Burdastyle Belted Shirt 12/2018 - 111B. The blouse has a front pleat and cozy off-the-shoulder style and this blouse can be worn with or without a belt.
This blouse was my entry to 2019MakeNine challenge, link here.
6). Daisy Woven Blouse.
Fabric: Silk crepe in deep green/blue (not sure which one) and pattern: Sinclairpatterns - Daisy Woven Blouse petal sleeve version size 10 cup B petite, detail here
I was lucky that Sinclairpattern offered me a pattern to try, I love the fit and style. The pattern designed for three different heights (petite, regular and tall), size XXS to XXL (0-22) and cup sizes A-DDD. I wanted to make this version again when I have time.
7). Scrappy September Colour-blocked top.
Fabrics: leftover from previous garments (floral Japanese cotton, linen blend white with blue and green flowers and white cotton).
Pattern: modified Simplicity 8454 top, I shared the sewing progress here
And here is the final top, I love it - so flowery and the two prints matched each other nicely. More pictures can be found on my Instagram and this top was my entry for #magamsewalong challenge September hosted by Sue Stoney, Helene and, Suzy Robert.
8). Roses Silk Blouse.
Fabric: printed roses silk crepe de chine. Pattern: Sinclairpatterns Daisy Woven Blouse long sleeve version US size 10 cup B. I didn't make an adjustment on the pattern but omitted the elastic at the sleeve hem. This blouse will be a lovely addition to my winter wardrobe. Also posted on my Instagram link here.
9). October Outdoors Pants.
Fabric: cotton blend in raspberry color and pattern: Burdastyle 11/2013 - 110 A size 38. I shorten the length at the knee area 5 cm and shorten the hem 8 cm. Also, omitted the folded style at the hem.
I love the fit of these pants and glad that the stripes cotton blouse matched well with the pants.
These pants were my entry to #magamsewalong October Outdoors and you can find the progress here and the final pants here.

I think is more than enough for today and I hope to show you another me-made garment soon. Happy sewing lovelies 😍

- Follow me on and Instagram @velvetribbon_sews
- Follow me on Bloglovin' Velvet Ribbon

Comments

  1. Gosh you have been busy Hana! I love it all. Each piece is both stylish and practical. I think my faves are the denim skirt and the plain silk and the colour block blouses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Diane. I love the denim skirt and the colour block top too. I wear them almost every week 😍

      Delete
  2. Agreeing with Diane on everything she said! 11 beautiful, wearable garments in 3 months is a wonderful accomplishment. Each unique and beautiful.... trying new patterns as well as enjoying older t-n-t patterns. Your blog post is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful three months of garments you created Hana! I love the dresses, and the finishing on the skirt insides. The raspberry colored pants are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Vanessa, I hope to publish a blog post more often too 😍

      Delete
  4. That’s a stunning array of makes and I love all of them. You have had a lovely October I can see. All the best - Trish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Trish. Hope you have a lovely time and happy sewing 😍

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing this with us.The tops are look fabulous on you! It suits you very well. I found some excellent fabrics from Fabrics World USA in NYC near me which was a nice weight, not too beefy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment