Hello, I made a new dress :) It has princess seams bodice, V-neckline, sleeveless, flared skirt and finished with invisible zipper at the back.
Pattern : I modified BurdaStyle Retro Dress 09/2014 size 34. I made my first dress based on this pattern last year, so I am not worried to trace the new pattern pieces :)
Materials: 2 yards of ballerina print crepe in dark blue, fusible interfacing, invisible zipper, hook n eye fastener and same colour of thread.
The process of making this dress started with modification of the pattern, I removed the button down from the original pattern and make the center front bodice and skirt on fold. Skip the pockets and then added invisible zipper at the center back.
As the usual manner, I sewed the princess seams at the front and back bodices. Sewed the facings and attached to the neckline and armholes. Turned inside out and attached to the shoulder right sides together.
After that I attached the skirt pieces on the bodices, sewed the sides, sewed the invisible zipper with hook and eye fastener at the top of it.
The last work was narrow hem, a little bit more patience with ironing and sewing but the result was really good.
Well, I think this dress was done in 9 hours, much less than I normally did in my other dresses. And also this dress is just so perfect for hot weather and the skirt draped so nicely :)
Hope you are all having a nice summer holiday!
+Hana Velvet Ribbon