I hope you are doing well! I have done my new dress for September MAGAM Challenge and I am happy with how it turned out. I was planning to make this dress in straight hem line but I changed my mind after I traced the pattern, I felt that the pattern was made especially for high low style dress. So, I just go with it.
After all, I think the dress is cute and I like it :)
This dress has boat neckline, high low hem and back cut out that is very sweet, feminine and sexy.
Pattern And Adjustment:
This dress is based on Burdastyle Back Cut Out Dress 08/2014 view B size 34 for the bodice and size 36 for the skirt. As I have a vary size between bodice and skirt, I have to make adjustment on the waist area. I also raised the neckline 2 cm and shorten the length of the skirt 5 cm.
As I am not sure about the finishes armhole and neckline, I decided to fully lining the dress bodice.
And for finishes the hem, I followed Gertie's tutorial watch the video here - same as I did on my summer dress
|Image source from Burdastyle.com|
2.5 yards of printed silk satin that my mom gave me last year, silk satin in purple color as the bodice lining, elastic and same color of thread.
1). I worked on the bodice and lining. Then I sew the front dress bodice to the front skirt. After that I inserted the elastic at the waist.
2). I worked on the back cut out of the back bodice. I sew the small facing on the back bodice right sides together - trim the fabric with zig zag scissor and turned it inside, after that I sew it again along the line 1 cm. As shown in the pictures below,
And then I inserted the elastic. Secured the elastic with small stitching in both side of the bodice.
3). I sew the tapes (the one that supposed to insert inside the skirt and knot it).
Then, I started to work on the back skirt. I hand stitched the two hole on the middle back skirt, it is the same method as button hole stitch.
After that, I sew the small facing on the back skirt right sides together. Turned it inside and sew it again along the line 1cm.
And then I inserted the tape in the both sides - secured the outer side and knot the both tape in the middle.
4). I sew the front dress to the back dress right sides together. Sew the raw edge with an overlocker machine. Then, I hanged the dress on the dress form for two days. After that I sew the hem line following Gertie's tutorial. Done!
More pictures of me wearing the dress, side and back views.
And more pictures of the dress on my mannequin, front - side and back views.
Have a great weekend to you all! :x