Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

BurdaStyle Sewing Vintage Modern Book Review

I am very excited to share with all of you about this amazing book. If you are a member of BurdaStyle or follow them on Facebook, you must have heard about this book. I received it more or less two weeks ago. I bought it on amazon, here is the link.
This book has five base patterns plus fourteen step-by-step project variations - all of which include in depth patternmaking and sewing instructions.



Here are the five base patterns:

1. Louisa Drop-Waist Dress (1920's style)

2. Frank Button -Down Shirt (1940's style)

3. Elizabeth Gathered-Waist Dress (1950's style)

4. Jamie Shift Dress (1960's style)

5. Jeans Stirrup Pants (1960's style)

The book is really beautiful, each chapter begins with sketches of the garment and must-have accessories of the decade, descriptions of signature silhouettes, designers you should know and style icons.
 


And here are the dress and top variations that I am going to work on my next sewing project,
Jacky Dress (1960's)

Margaux Evening Dress

Heather Bustier Dress (1980's) and Veronica Geometric Top (1980's)

Lilian Blouse (1950's)
Beside all the dresses and tops, I also want to make a shirt for my husband. And before I say goodbye for today post, I just want to let you know that I am working on my first dress from this book. My first choice is Jacky Dress, I had 2 yards of lace fabric and 2 yards of silk crepe-de-chine in my stash.


 



~Happy Sewing~

Comments