Striped Dress In Jersey Knit

A couple weeks ago I planned to make swing dress 08/2012 from Burdastyle with striped jersey knit but the dress didn't turn out well as I expected. The side panel of the dress was fine but the neck was too big for me and the skirt didn't suit me so well.
So I decided to refashion the dress. I turn the gathered skirt to pencil skirt, I throw the top to the trash:( and make another top pattern with the left over fabric (lucky me). And I reused the short sleeves. It's really annoying work but I have to.

I will definitely make swing dress another time but for sure I have to work with the pattern and I'll try with another type of fabric.

Speaking about this lovely striped dress, I used 3 different patterns with adjustment.
For the top I used pattern from empire dress by burdastyle, I only used the top pattern by lengthen the pattern about 3''. For short sleeves pattern, I used the pattern from my last dress and for the skirt I used my self-drafted pencil skirt pattern.

I omitted the zipper because the fabric is stretch (ohhh...lucky me that I don't need to work with invisible zipper:)))
For the lining, I used the same fabric with fusible interfacing.
It's hard working to match the stripe on this dress, but with hard work and time to make it the dress turn out beautifully.
Here are more pictures of my lovely dress,


Happy Sewing...


  1. My compliments for your blog and pictures included,I invite you in my photoblog "photosphera"


    Greetings from Italy


  2. I love what you did with these stripe.....very nice! It looks really good


Post a Comment