Me Made May 2024 Recap, Day 1-14

Image
I'm participating in Me-Made-May 2024 and my pledge is to wear me-made/refashioned outfits each day throughout May 2024. My goal is to continue wearing my makes, discovering a new style that fits me and also connecting with like-minded people. Me-Made-May is a wardrobe challenge created by Zoe  @sozoblog  and this year is my 12th year of participating. Time flies so fast! Okay, here is my recap from day 1-7, Day 1: v-neck tiered dress, rayon fabric and self-drafted pattern. Day 2: v-neck batik top and denim skirt, self-drafted patterns  Day 3: gingham cotton dress, self-drafted pattern and my husband wore a button-down shirt, Burdastyle vintage modern pattern. Day 4: floral midi dress, self-drafted pattern. Day 5: oversized linen blouse, Burdastyle pattern 7/2017 and denim pants, Ottobre design pattern. Day 6: square neck cotton dress, self-drafted pattern. Day 7: pyjama set, self-drafted pattern. I didn't like jersey knit fabric but the print is so nice and I had t

Crochet Swimsuit Cover-up Dress


Hi there, I hope you are well.
I finally finished my crochet swimsuit cover-up dress that I started at the beginning of February. I enjoyed the slow process and was happy with how it turned out.
I used 9 skeins of off-white cotton yarn and a 3 mm crochet hook.
For the pattern, I followed a YouTube tutorial from Crochettoz. It's a clear and easy tutorial to follow, thank you so much 😍

Also, I shared my process of making this cover-up on my YouTube channel, click the video below if you want to see it. And please, subscribe to my channel if you like the video and want to see more in the future 😊😍

I took a few photos of the progress and the picture below shows the start of the cover-up dress. I did chain stitch until I reached 60'' and followed with double crochet stitch and then crocheted the patterns.


I mostly crochet at night when I finish all the house chores and sometimes in the afternoon when I'm sitting on the sofa. 
The cover-up needs two pieces and mine was 60'' long x 11'' wide.


And then, I connected them together using a single crochet stitch.

So happy that after two months of working on it, my cover-up is done and I will wear it later for a summer holiday. Maybe, I will make a swimsuit to match it 😁



To avoid the neckline gaping, I crocheted strips 1.5 cm below the shoulder line (on the back neck).


And here is how the cover-up dress looks like when it is flat, looks like a rectangle shape 😊😍

Until next and thank you for stopping by 💗

Comments