Crochet Swimsuit Cover-up Dress

Image
Hi there, I hope you are well. I finally finished my crochet swimsuit cover-up dress that I started at the beginning of February. I enjoyed the slow process and was happy with how it turned out. I used 9 skeins of off-white cotton yarn and a 3 mm crochet hook. For the pattern, I followed a YouTube tutorial from  Crochettoz . It's a clear and easy tutorial to follow, thank you so much 😍 Also, I shared my process of making this cover-up on my YouTube channel, click the video below if you want to see it. And please, subscribe to my channel if you like the video and want to see more in the future 😊😍 I took a few photos of the progress and the picture below shows the start of the cover-up dress. I did chain stitch until I reached 60'' and followed with double crochet stitch and then crocheted the patterns. I mostly crochet at night when I finish all the house chores and sometimes in the afternoon when I'm sitting on the sofa.  The cover

Burdastyle 10/2019 Oversized Blouse

I made this oversized blouse last month for my entry to #magamniftynovember challenge on Instagram. I chose to make a nifty (stylish) blouse to wear daily and I was glad that I had all the things needed in my stash. I had 3 yards of linen fabric in pink color and almost matching the color of the buttons, I still had leftover fabric enough to make a sleeveless blouse for summer later.
For the pattern, I used Burdastyle oversized blouse 10/2019 size 40. I omitted the back yoke and welt pocket and also, shortened the length by 8 cm.


I was planning to take step-by-step pictures of the progress, but I had a busy life and sewing time was whatever free time I had, sometime in the early morning, mid-day, or late night, so the photo quality at night wasn't so good.
So, here are a few progress that I took in the daylight, the most tricky step in the blouse-making was sewing the collar, I pinned and basted a lot before sewing it and the result was good and the collar stayed nicely.


After the collar was done, I worked on the pockets. I love the asymmetrical design, it looks cute and different from the usual collar. As always, I pinned the collar first and then carefully sewed it.


Here are the easy methods I used to sew the sleeve slit and cuff, I think I shared it before in my previous make but I'd love to share it again. I used bias tape from the same fabric for the sleeve slit and I sewed it first and then worked on the cuff as shown below.

Another time-consuming consuming was sewing the buttonholes and buttons, I wanted to do it at night but I gave up because I knew I would make a mess.
So, I did both in the next morning. I used automatic buttonholes, which sounds easy but I have to measure carefully before sewing it. And then the buttons were sewing by hand.

The blouse is finally done after working on it for a few days. And here are the pictures on the dress form and on me. I love everything about this blouse, the loose fit, the pockets, and the back pleat 💗 I'm thinking of making one more in heavier fabric as a cover-up. The weather is getting cooler and I think it's a good idea to make it in heavier fabric.

That's it for today and thank you for reading 💗
Happy sewing ✀🧵

Comments