Crochet Swimsuit Cover-up Dress

Image
Hi there, I hope you are well. I finally finished my crochet swimsuit cover-up dress that I started at the beginning of February. I enjoyed the slow process and was happy with how it turned out. I used 9 skeins of off-white cotton yarn and a 3 mm crochet hook. For the pattern, I followed a YouTube tutorial from  Crochettoz . It's a clear and easy tutorial to follow, thank you so much 😍 Also, I shared my process of making this cover-up on my YouTube channel, click the video below if you want to see it. And please, subscribe to my channel if you like the video and want to see more in the future 😊😍 I took a few photos of the progress and the picture below shows the start of the cover-up dress. I did chain stitch until I reached 60'' and followed with double crochet stitch and then crocheted the patterns. I mostly crochet at night when I finish all the house chores and sometimes in the afternoon when I'm sitting on the sofa.  The cover

Summer Dresses, August 2023

As I mentioned before, here are two additional dresses that I designed to wear during my holiday. Both dresses were inspired by a previous self-drafted dress I made last year, which featured a ruffle yoke. You can see the original dress on my Instagram, link here
For the printed red dress, I skipped the ruffled yoke and the polka dot dress was the same as my first version. Also, I changed the elastic waistband into a waist tie and I like it more because it's easier to adjust, finished with the knot at the center back.

This red dress was transparent, so I had to wear a slip dress underneath. The dress was comfortable to wear and perfect for the holiday. I wore it from breakfast, as a swimsuit cover and lunch. 
For the fabric, I used printed cotton gauze that I bought last month in the local shop. It was the last 1.75 yards from the bolt and the shop gave me a better price.

The sewing process was fast because I worked on this pattern before, it started with cutting the fabric pieces and continuing sewing it as usual. The only thing that needed attention was sewing the band to the neckline, I basted it before sewing to make the process easier and neater.
The rest of the process was okay, after I sewed all the pieces and hems, I worked on the waist tie. I love the waist tie better than the elastic waistband because I can adjust it easily. 

Here is the upper front dress, the front tie is a lovely addition to a simple dress.


The back knot is cute, even the end of the zipper didn't stay the same but the busy print hides the imperfection and nobody will notice. 


The polka dot dress was made from a cotton fabric leftover from my previous make. The sewing process was faster than I thought, I did it in one day, maybe because of the excitement before going on holiday that made my sewjo high. 
I was happy with the final result, everything about this dress turned out as my plan. The dress was transparent and I wore a slip dress underneath, I made a white slip dress as well but I forgot to take a picture. But, I'm planning to make more slip dresses and I will post them at another time.

I wore this dress twice during my holiday, it's comfortable and airy.
The dress has a round neckline with a front tie, ruffled front yoke, front side darts, sleeveless, an invisible zipper at the center back, knee length and finished with the waist-tie.

Here are more pictures of the process and the dress (front, side and back view).





That's enough for now, I still have one more garment to share from the holiday, I made a swimsuit and I will be sharing it very soon.
Thank you for reading 💗
Happy sewing 📍✂

Comments

Post a Comment