Today post is about my (very late) finished December garment for MAGAM challenge. Well, after hours of beading finally I have done it and very happy with how the dress turned-out.
The details of the dress:
I used Burdastyle Embellished tunic Dress 11/2013 size 34 with adjustment on the waist and the hips. I omitted the pockets and added 4 cm on the length of the dress. As I didn't have passementerie trim to sew around neck edge and front slit, I sew pearls on it.
2 yards of medium weight knit ponte in black color, fusible interfacing, black color of thread, hook and eye fastener, a lot of pearls in three different size ( 2.5 mm, 5 mm and 8 mm) and white nylon thread for beading.
I traced the pattern and added seam allowance 1.5 cm for all edges and 4 cm for sleeve hem and dress hem. Then I made a muslin. After I tried my muslin, I saw the neckline too high for my taste - so I have to reduced 1.5 cm in both front and back neckline.
The sewing process is enjoyable and the instructions of sewing the neck slit is very clear. But the difficult part is the beading. I have to spent hours doing it.
Also, for smooth finishes sleeve hem and dress hem, I fuse fusible interfacing on the wrong side of the dress, fold the right side of the fabric inside, pin it and sew it.
|my work on beading|
That's all my today post, as you all know I was planning to wear this dress on Christmas dinner but I couldn't finish it on time, I will hang it inside my closet and wait for the right occasion to wear it.