Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

Jackie Dress

 
Finally I managed to finish my first project from sewing vintage modern book. A very feminine and sophisticated sleeveless dress with funnel collar. Made from red lace fabric and red silk crepe-de-chine.

Materials:
~A little note: suggested fabric for this dress is silk brocade and lightweight wool~ but I replaced it with 2 yards of red lace fabric and 2 yards of red silk crepe-de-chine that I had inside my stash. 24" invisible zipper, snap fastener for belt and same colour thread.

Patterns:
This dress based on the bodice from Louisa Drop-Waist dress size 34. I adjust the pattern on the waist and hip by added 1" along the side seam. I extend the front and back bodice 13.5" from the waist marked of the pattern along the side seam and at center front and back. For the rest of the pattern, I followed the pattern making instructions from the book.

How I worked on this dress:
After I had done the pattern, I cut the fabric and sew it according to the book instructions. I omitted the bow (for dress belt), to be honest I am not into bow style on this moment.
I did a little different work on the hemline. I had to do it because of my fabrics are too slippery. I cut the lace fabric according to the amount that I need and then I stitch it on the dress bottom and finished with under stitch all around it.


And here are more pictures of my Jackie Dress,





This is the dress picture without belt on it.


This pictures below is the dress lining. I under stitch the whole armhole facing to keep the slippery fabric from rolling to the outside when I wear it.

 




 
~Happy Sewing~


 
 
 






Comments