Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

How To Make a Tote Bag - Part 2, Done!

  • How to insert the bag strap on the body bag. I only inserted the bag strap on the outer bag. With the wrong side of the bag strap facing you, pin each of  them on the side of the bag flap. Stitch it with 1/2'' seam allowance. Here is the picture,


  • After you have done the method above, place the inner bag inside the outer bag. Pin arround the tote bag about 1'' from the top of the bag. Pin it again about 1/2'' to the inside each of them. Top stitch arround the bag. Here are the pictures,








  • Stitch the wooden button in the middle front of the bag about 3 3/4'' from the top of the bag. Done! Here is the picture,



Here is my tote bag,


This is the inner bag,

                            


Before I say good bye for today post. Please send me email at velvetribbon.vr@gmail.com for any questions about making this tote bag. Also, send me the link/picture if you have done your tote bag.
Happy sewing!

Comments