Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

Polka Dot Scalloped Blouse


          I was very excited when Burda Style announced their spring favourite new pattern (http://www.burdastyle.com/blog/spring-favorites-new-patterns-and-projects#read-on) , especially when I saw the chanel style jacket. The jacket is cute but I fell in love with the blouse so badly, oh ...I can not take my eyes out from that blouse. Unluckily, the blouse not included in the pattern:(
Well, I decided to make it myself.  

Things that I need to make this blouse:  
  1. Basic bodice ( drop the front neck to draw V neck), finished with scalloped around the front neck down to the waist center front.
  2. Basic short sleeve.
  3. Make a waist tie (here I made a thin tie from the same fabric 150 cm long, it's long enough to tie around my waist and finished with a big butterfly knot).
  4. Make a waist layer (a layer that starting from the waist line down to the bottom - I think we can call it peplum) and make scalloped hem on the bottom of the blouse.
  5. This is the blouse that got me crazy from burdastyle :)
           I remembered a good quotes " if you don't know where to buy it, you should make your own". That's why I made it :)   Here is my lovely blouse,
           About the back side of the blouse, you can see here that a waist tie finished on the back side with a big butterfly knot.

             It's very easy to make a waist layer/peplum. I  cut the fabric same size as the blouse ( measure from front to back of the blouse exactly the same amount). And then I serge my fabric with an overlocker sewing  machine. Pin and stitch the layer/peplum around the waist line, starting from the center back of the blouse and also finishing at the center back as well. 
Stitch again on the top of the layer/peplum one more time, right under the first stitch about 1.5 cm to inserted a waist tie. I think it's very easy, isn't it?
            For me, this blouse is really beautiful and I will definitely make again with solid color but I'll  wait for the weekend to come and hunting for the new fabric :)  
Happy sewing!

Comments