Hello, I finished my pinafore dress at the right time when the winter arrived. For the pattern, I modified my basic dress sloper block and I used a wool blend fabric and a silk satin in black for the lining.
I was planning to sew this dress for so long from the beginning of the year and I'm happy that I finally made it in December.
Also, this dress in my late entry to #sewyourwardrobebasics challenge with the theme "wool" hosted by @seaofteal.
The dress detail: knee length pinafore dress with a deep front v-neckline, a scoop back neckline, front side darts, back middle darts, invisible zipper at the center back and fully lined.
The sewing progress was fun and I finished in two days, I used mostly my sewing machine and hand sewing, also a lot of pinning and basting.
The picture below shows my work in the shoulder area. I sewed the front and back shoulders with the lining right sides together and turned out, flipped the seam allowances inside and hand sewed the rest. I loved the clean result.
I also hand sewed the lining fabric to the invisible zipper only and the rest was with the machine.
Here are more pictures of the finished pinafore dress with a me-made red t-shirt (Simplicity pattern) on my dress form and on me. I love it and I look forward to wearing it in my daily life.
Happy sewing and take care 💓