Crochet Swimsuit Cover-up Dress

Image
Hi there, I hope you are well. I finally finished my crochet swimsuit cover-up dress that I started at the beginning of February. I enjoyed the slow process and was happy with how it turned out. I used 9 skeins of off-white cotton yarn and a 3 mm crochet hook. For the pattern, I followed a YouTube tutorial from  Crochettoz . It's a clear and easy tutorial to follow, thank you so much 😍 Also, I shared my process of making this cover-up on my YouTube channel, click the video below if you want to see it. And please, subscribe to my channel if you like the video and want to see more in the future 😊😍 I took a few photos of the progress and the picture below shows the start of the cover-up dress. I did chain stitch until I reached 60'' and followed with double crochet stitch and then crocheted the patterns. I mostly crochet at night when I finish all the house chores and sometimes in the afternoon when I'm sitting on the sofa.  The cover

DIY Wrap Swimsuit ( Third Version)

Here is the last garment I made last month, a wrap-style swimsuit made from lycra fabric from my stash. I made two similar swimsuits before and I was happy with the fit. So, I was okay with the process and was sure it would turn out as well as the previous ones. 
The process took me two days, just right before our holiday. And I immediately packed it as soon as it finished. 
I love this wrap swimsuit, the design hides the fatty tummy and is comfortable to wear for swimming. Also, the wrap style adds something special, so girly and stylish.

For the pattern, I used my self-draft (TNT: tried and true pattern) and the sewing process was started by cutting the fabric pieces, sewing the elastic on the front lining and continuing to pin the necessary parts.

I prepared the bands for the back ties and the side wrap. Sewing them as a loop and turning them inside out.

I pinned and sewed the bands (ties) on the right front piece (wrap) and backside. Stitched the front pieces (the main fabric and the lining) right sides together and did the same for the back pieces.
After that, I stitched the shoulders together (the main fabric and the lining) right sides together and then folded the wrong sides together, as shown in the picture below,

And then, I inserted another band for the wrap at the front left side. Sewed both sides right sides together and the last two parts were top-stitching the armholes and bottoms (legs opening) using zig-zag stitches.
I was happy that I made this swimsuit in two days and wore it for swimming during the holidays.
Here are more pictures of the swimsuit, front, back and on me 😊




The holiday in Bali was great and I missed it already. So many good moments to remember and hope to come back one day.

That's it for today, I'm starting to sew again and will be posting them in this blog when I finish. 
Happy sewing 💖✂📍

Comments

  1. I'm impressed! It's such a great and flattering one-piece. It fits so well Hana.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment