Crochet Swimsuit Cover-up Dress

Image
Hi there, I hope you are well. I finally finished my crochet swimsuit cover-up dress that I started at the beginning of February. I enjoyed the slow process and was happy with how it turned out. I used 9 skeins of off-white cotton yarn and a 3 mm crochet hook. For the pattern, I followed a YouTube tutorial from  Crochettoz . It's a clear and easy tutorial to follow, thank you so much 😍 Also, I shared my process of making this cover-up on my YouTube channel, click the video below if you want to see it. And please, subscribe to my channel if you like the video and want to see more in the future 😊😍 I took a few photos of the progress and the picture below shows the start of the cover-up dress. I did chain stitch until I reached 60'' and followed with double crochet stitch and then crocheted the patterns. I mostly crochet at night when I finish all the house chores and sometimes in the afternoon when I'm sitting on the sofa.  The cover

Square Neck Dress

I made a new dress last week, another simple design and comfortable to wear. I decided to make it the day before our trip to HK and glad that I managed to finish it in one afternoon. Bravo for me 😁 
The dress has short sleeves and a square neckline which I like so much, the darts on the front, the invisible zipper at the center back, and the dress length just above my knee. A perfect dress for summer.

I used my self-drafted pattern and linen blend fabric in printed boats I bought in the local shop last year. The two yards of fabric weren't enough to make the full dress, so I tried my best to use it all, and in the end, the backside of the dress was made from two pieces that I sewed together. Nobody will notice it, except when very close.

The progress started with drafting the dress, my flat sketch is far from perfect but I have fun. After that, I modified my basic self-drafted dress pattern into a square neck and omitted the back darts. 

The picture below shows the fabric pieces after cutting, I fused the facing with the fusible interfacing, and the back side in two pieces because my fabric wasn't enough.

I stitched the darts first and then sew the shoulder's right sides together. 
Sewed the invisible zipper at the center back, sewed the facings right sides together, and then sewed it to the neckline right sides together. Clipped the corners and then turned the facings inside.


After I turned the facing inside, I hand stitch it using the catch stitch method and I love the clean finished result.
The two last things I did were sewing the sleeve hem 1.5 cm and hemline 2.5 cm using blind hem stitch.

Here are more pictures of the dress, a closer look at the square neckline, front, side, and back views.




And here you can see the backside, there is no pattern match between the two lines but it is hard to see because of the busy prints.

The trip to HK was lovely, we catch a lot of rain at first but we managed to visit a few places and ate delicious food. This trip was our second trip after almost four years of staying close because of covid19. 


And the last collage of the dress in the wild 😊

Until next and thank you for reading.
Happy sewing ✂🧵

Comments