Crochet Swimsuit Cover-up Dress

Image
Hi there, I hope you are well. I finally finished my crochet swimsuit cover-up dress that I started at the beginning of February. I enjoyed the slow process and was happy with how it turned out. I used 9 skeins of off-white cotton yarn and a 3 mm crochet hook. For the pattern, I followed a YouTube tutorial from  Crochettoz . It's a clear and easy tutorial to follow, thank you so much 😍 Also, I shared my process of making this cover-up on my YouTube channel, click the video below if you want to see it. And please, subscribe to my channel if you like the video and want to see more in the future 😊😍 I took a few photos of the progress and the picture below shows the start of the cover-up dress. I did chain stitch until I reached 60'' and followed with double crochet stitch and then crocheted the patterns. I mostly crochet at night when I finish all the house chores and sometimes in the afternoon when I'm sitting on the sofa.  The cover

Batik Shirtdress


I finally finished my UFO from March, I'm so glad. My first plan was to make a blouse but I changed my mind the day I cut the fabric, I saw the border print and I felt terrible if I didn't use it. So, I lengthened the pattern down until my knee. And to make the shirtdress more stylish, I sewed a black slipdress to wear under it. In this case, I skip the buttons and let the dress open. I love the look and I will wear this set more often for sure. 

I used Norma blouse Ottobre design pattern S/S 02/2018 size 38, lengthened the hem until my knee, omitted the buttons, shortened the sleeves and made a full arm adjustment. 
And for the fabric, I used Indonesian batik in red, a gift from a friend for my birthday last year. 

The process of making this dress was lovely and relaxing, I started it in March and then I stopped. Only in July I pick the pieces up again and started sewing them. 
As shown below, I managed to capture the progress. The only difficult part was sewing the collar, I did a lot of basting before sewing and I used black bias tape to finish the collar. I love the result, it looks neat and clean.




The rest of the progress was according in the usual manner, I sewed the back darts, attached and sewed the sleeves and hand stitched the front plackets to the bodices. The last part was to sew the hemline and I'm done. 

I forgot to take pictures of the inner dress to show my hand stitching, so here is the finished dress both on my dress form and on me. I love the look, a lovely dress to wear every day without feeling too much dressing up.







About the slip dress, I used my self-drafted pattern and I made two slip dresses before. So it was an easy and quick project to sew.
The black drapey fabric, black sliders and rings were from my stash, I was happy I had all things and I realized that I also had a few black fabrics in my stash for other makes.



That's it for today, happy weekend and happy sewing. I will show you more finished garments soon. I managed to sew one more swimsuit (UFO), a kimono cover-up and a simple sleeveless dress 💗💗

Comments