DIY V-neck Tiered Dress

Image
Hello, I made three dresses to wear on my trip to Bangkok during the Easter holiday and this dress is the first one I made. I will share another two in the next posts.  I started working on this dress two weeks before the trip and I'm glad I managed to finish it on time, as well as my other dresses.  This dress was fun and relaxing to sew because I made one before in a midi length, so this time I shortened the length until my knee and sewed it easily. For the fabric, I used a printed rayon from my stash and white cotton lining leftover from my previous make. For the pattern, I used my self-drafted pattern. At first, I didn't want to add the lining but I had to because the fabric was a bit transparent, the lining fabric wasn't enough and I connected the pieces to make the back skirt. Here is the look of the fabric after cutting and the skirt was pieces of a rectangle: the first tiers - front and back, the last tier on the fold ( I forgot to take the p

Burda Style 04/2013 Issue

Today post is about new sewing patterns from Burda Style magazine 04/2013 issue. I was very lucky that my sister in law brought me this magazine from Portugal. The magazine is in Portuguese language but I will add a link below the pictures to be redirected to the original post.

-satin dress
-pearl dress

-lace dress
-smocked maxi dress
 
lace short
back lace top and pencil pants
 


-halter dress
-tie blouse and skirt 042013
 


blouson jacket
draped tank and flared skirt
 


-bodice top and applique skirt
-wrapped blouse and capris
-short wrap blouse and tulip skirt


-hi-low blouse
-sweetheart dress


-slit neckline dress
-balloon-top-042013
 

-pleated blouse
-tuxedo vest
 


-hip length blazer
-shift dress 042013


-maxi dress (plus size)
-crepe jacket (plus size)
-summer dress (plus size)


-men's waistcoat
-men's jacket
 


-men's chambray shirt
-men's crease shirt and men's trousers
 


 

 
Happy sewing!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





Comments