Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

Me Made May 2022 Day 15 - 24

Hi all, May was a great month for home sewists like me because of Me Made May 2022 and I decided to continue to show you what I was wearing during the challenge. Today's post is the recap for day 15-24 and as usual, I was wearing my basic garments. Nothing fancy but they are wearable, easy and suitable for my daily life. 

Day 15.
I was enjoying our weekend walk in a me-made floral silk blouse, Burdastyle pattern 07/2018, and a self-drafted skirt. I made the blouse last year and here is a link for more detail.

Day 16.
The temperature was drop and little rain. I wore a gingham shirt, pattern modified from Faitmain dress pattern - detail here and me-made denim pants that I sewed recently, pattern modified from Burdastyle trousers pattern 10/2013 - detail here.

Day 17.
I was wearing another me-made outfit. A white shirt, pattern modified from Faitmain dress pattern, hand-knitted blue vest (my own pattern), and old denim pants, pattern modified from Burdastyle 10/2013. 
The white shirt and vest details link here and the denim pants details link here.

Day 18.
I wore an old dress and refashioned black scarf. I made the dress in 2017, I used a yellow cotton fabric a souvenir from our trip to Seoul and the pattern was Burdastyle tunic dress 04/2017. I mended the dress two years ago by adding black bands on both sides because it was too tight. I'm happy that I can wear this dress again. Dress detail link here.
The scarf was rtw Zara scarf, it was a huge scarf and I cut it smaller to my liking.

Day 19.
We had a sunny day and I wore my self-drafted cotton dress. I made this dress last year from cotton shirting fabric from the local shop. Dress detail link here.

Day 20.
I was wearing a me-made outfit, a self-drafted v-neck t-shirt with a tie hem, and self-drafted loose elastic waistband pants. I made both garments last year and I was putting these on my sewing list to make them again later. More details of both garments link here.

Day 21.
Had a lovely weekend walk with my family and as usual, I was wearing a me-made outfit. A green lace top, a pattern based on Burdastyle 09/2019, and an old skirt with side buttons from My Image pattern. The top detail link is here.

Day 22.
We had unpleasant weather and had to give up our walk by the sea but I managed to take a picture 😃 I was wearing a self-drafted gingham cotton dress. I love this dress and wear it almost every week in summer. The dress has pleats on the skirt front and back, more detail of the dress was posted in my IG link here.

Day 23.
I was wearing an old dress, I was supposed to replace this dress with the new one last year but not yet happened. The dress pattern was Burdastyle maxi dress 11/2013, I modified it into a knee-length and v-neck dress with decorative front buttons.The fabric was a cotton linen blend, perfect to wear in summer.

Day 24.
I wore a refashioned ruffle sleeve floral top, Simplicity 8454 pattern view D - I made this top in 2019 from my two old makes ( a dress and long sleeve top) that I don't wear anymore, more detail link here.
Paired with denim pants, repeated from day 17. The weather wasn't so good, rainy and unpleasant but managed to take a photo outside in the early morning before I put my son to school.

That's all for today and I will be updating the last recap soon and hopefully show you my new make after that. Happy sewing 💗

Comments

  1. Such a lovely outfits. All of it fits you perfectly and you look gorgeous, elegant and sophisticated in all of them. But my favorite outfit/s of yours are the yellow dress with black scarf, it fits you perfectly. Love it.<3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment