Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

Me Made May Day 8-14

As promised in my previous post, here is my recap of Me Made May 2022 challenge day 8-14. So far, I didn't find any difficulty to choose and match the outfit during the challenge. Some of my makes are getting old and I think I should replace them. Besides analyzing my wardrobe, I'm enjoying the challenge and noting inspirations for my future makes. 
Well, at the moment my sewjo is low and I hope it will come back soon because I have a few garments waiting for me to finish. them.

Day 8.
I was wearing me-made button-down dress in Jijake fabric and I used Burdastyle pattern (modified). The picture was taken inside Mandarin house, a historic residential house in Sao Lourenco.
This dress was too tight last year and I solved the issue by adding a band on both sides but now is too big, so I need the reduce the sides again 😀
Day 9.
I was wearing a repeated pinafore denim dress from last week, a self-drafted blue t-shirt and a me-made tote bag. I was exploring the city and visited Albergue 1601 in St. Lazarus district. The pinafore dress detail is blogged here.
Day 10.
I wore the comfiest dress in my wardrobe. A self-drafted round neck dress. I used cotton fabric for this dress and I wear this a lot. More about this dress blogged here.
Day 11.
I had an appointment with the dentist in the morning and I wore me-made jeans pants paired with rtw green t-shirt. I used Ottobre design pattern and modified the pants into straight-styled jeans. The pants details blogged here
Day 12.
I was posing with produce in the supermarket and wearing me-made v-neck cotton dress. I used tiny floral cotton fabric from the local shop and a self-drafted pattern. I blogged the dress detail link here.
Day 13.
I wore me-made outfit, Burdastyle Jamie shift dress in cotton fabric and a self-drafted lace kimono cover-up. I love the lace cover-up and I'd love to make more. Both garments are old and I used them a lot daily.
Day 14.
I wore a self-drafted cotton dress and refashioned cardigan. I was happy that the two garments matched. The dress detail is posted here. The cardigan was too tight before and  I added a band in both sides and cut the sleeves into 3/4 length.
That's it for today, I will update week 3 soon but if you are interested to see my daily posts, here is the link on my Instagram Happy sewing 💗

Comments

  1. Hi Hana, you’ve made so many lovely clothes I’m not surprised you don’t have difficulty choosing something nice and me made to wear! They all look lovely. Not so good weather here in the UK- we are still mainly in woollies in June! All the best. Trish S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trish, thank you for your lovely words and all the best for you too :)xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment