Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

Silk Blouse

I'm glad that I finally finished another project from last month, a silk blouse with a side knot Burdastyle pattern 12/2019 size 38. My plan was to make it for my entry to magamsewalong "December Dreaming" challenge on Instagram but life was so busy and I couldn't make it on time. 
For the fabric, I used my dream fabric from stash, floral silk crepe de chine. I bought it in the local shop a while ago and I really love the print. 
The sewing progress was difficult but I managed to finish it after many errors, basting and pinning (my pattern instruction was in the German language, no time to translate, just sew the blouse with my self-taught). 
Firstly I was working on the front pieces and created them into a side knot. After that, I worked on the left shoulder line, sewed the band for the buttons closure in the back shoulder piece. Also, made self-cover buttons using the same fabric.

After the sewed the band, I basted the loops in the front shoulder piece.

Pinned the facing over it and sewed.

Here is the result. The loops look neat and nice. After that, I hand sewed the buttons on the back shoulder piece and made sure that the loops and buttons closed properly.


After the difficult part is done, I sewed the sleeves and hems. And here are the pictures of the finished blouse, on the dress form and on me.

I think is enough for today. I love this blouse and this will be a good addition to my wardrobe. 
Thank you for hosting the challenge, Sue, Suzy, and Helene. I hope I'm not going to be late again for the January challenge 💗💗

Happy sewing ✂

Comments

Post a Comment