Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

Merry Christmas And Happy New Year


I wish all my lovely friends a warm and happy Christmas, filled with peace, joy and love. Have a fantastic Christmas and New Year!

We celebrated Christmas at home with a simple dinner cooked by my dear husband, delicious roasted turkey breast and Portuguese style duck rice followed by home made desserts made by me, chocolate mousse and Portuguese egg pudding.
Christmas is always full of sweets and goodies, I baked apple raisin bread, roasted peanuts and bought the rest in the local shops. Also, almost forget to mentioned that a friend send us home made broa as well.

Thank you all for being here and I look forward for your friendship and sewing and crafting with you in 2016.

Kisses,

Hana

Comments

  1. Hana, your tree is beautiful, and the food sounds wonderful
    Hope you and your family have a blessed and wonderful Christmas and New Years..
    Look forward to seeing what you sew in 2016. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, that sounds like a wonderful feast! Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas and a very happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Hana, your Christmas celebrations were perfect. How nice to have dinner cooked for you. Looking forward to sewing along with you in 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you Hana-please come set up my tree next year as yours is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. I will fly to Arizona to help you next year :) Kisses

      Delete
  5. Hey Hana! I'm a bit late but I hope you enjoyed the holidays and had a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katharina. We had a great time and hope you too :xx

      Delete
  6. I'm a little late here too, but sounds like you have a wonderful Christmas. Your meal sounds delicious! And looking forward to seeing what lovely things you make in 2016 too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas as well :)

      Delete

Post a Comment