Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

Sunshine And Shine On Award! Me-Made-May'14 Pledge and April Garment In Progress

I'd like to say a big thank you to Dorothy of Sewing Fun Things for nominating my blog for the Sunshine and Shine On Award.

WHAT IS SUNSHINE AND SHINE ON AWARD? This award is meant to help you know your fellow bloggers better and network with other bloggers, as well as reveal fun facts about you to help your readers know you better.
THE RULES
  • Use the logo below in the post.
  • Link to whoever nominated you.
  • Write ten pieces of information about yourself.
  • Nominate ten fellow bloggers (or less if you have less followers) “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
  • Inform the nominees on their blog.



Ten pieces of information about me:
  1. My nickname is Hana
  2. My hair is black and only one time dyed my hair to brown color. One time only!
  3. I love perfumes, lipsticks, nail colors, flowers and candles 
  4. I used extra virgin coconut oil for my body and hair.
  5. Apart from sewing, I love cooking, baking and gardening. I had a tiny garden in the balcony filled with sweet basil, coriander, parsley, egg plant and orchid
  6. I love coffee, vanilla ice cream, candies, my home made cookies and whole wheat bread with honey
  7. I hate waking up in the morning listening someone who's talking too much and I get uncomfortable being around someone who's complains in every little thing
  8. I hate seeing a person wearing pajama in the supermarket or walking around the block. I also hate seeing a women wearing shorts so short that the pockets are coming out.
  9. I can stay inside house the whole day sewing :-) but with bonus: internet and music
  10. I am dying to learn how to knit and sewing a great fitting pants
And I AM VERY SORRY that I can not nominate 10 other bloggers for this award. I am following many blogs and I adore them all. So, it's very difficult for me to choose :-( I hope you will understand my decision.


Me-Made-May is an awesome challenge to wear self-stitched garments, refashions or anything handmade during the whole month of May, hosted by Zoe of 'So Zo...'
I am not going to write here more about it, please click this link for more details MMM'14

Here is my pledge,

'I, Hana of Velvet Ribbon sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '14. I endeavour to wear at least one me-made item including refashion or accessory each day for the duration of May 2014'

And the last post of the day is my April garment in progress for MAGAM Challenge. I am making a simple summer dress based on Burdastyle Sewing Vintage Modern - Louisa Drop Waist dress size 34 for a dress bodice and self-drafted circle skirt. Don't mad with me, as I couldn't find my self-drafted circle skirt that I made some years ago, I hacked my self-drafted peplum top. I just added some more centimeters down to my knee :-)
I had done my muslin on Wednesday, I only made a bodice dress muslin. I'll show you more details on my later post.

For the fabric, I will use 2.5 yards of printed viscose

 Happy sewing everyone!






Comments

  1. Hana -- I could also stay in the whole day sewing! Loved learning about you...I should have a similar post soon. Also, cannot wait to see your MMM outfits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie, me too - cannot wait to see your MMM outfits and learning more about you :-)

      Delete
  2. HI Hana - I agree with you, nominating other blogs is difficult, and I have passed on this award for that reason. I could stay in all day sewing too - but usually have to do it in fits and starts around everything else. Looking forward to your MMM outfits - I'm still not sure if I am going in or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, I have love-hate relationship with fitting. Sometime is fun to do but other time not really, especially when I am not in the mood.
      I think you should participate in MMM'14 - at least 2 time a week, you had a lot of basic garments to wear. But anyway, if you are not sure - please don't force yourself ;)

      Delete
  3. Hana, I am looking forward to your me made May ..So fun..

    I too, could stay in all day and sew.. Loved hearing about you, so fun.
    and I so understand the not sharing with blogs.. It is so difficult , and so many are going around. I am so appreciative when I get one.. But, It is so time consuming to do, and I don't want to give stress to the next blogger.. ha .

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps.. meant to say..." sharing the awards with different blogs" .sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Judy! I can not wait for MMM, it's going to be so much fun.. :-)

      Delete
  5. Congrats On The awards! Was Chuckling @#7! Hehe. Im Same Way.
    Im On The Fence With Pledging Mmm This Year.I Might Pledge, But Not Post Pics. Or Just Post Pic At THe End Of It All As Recap. It's The Documenting That Takes The Fun Out For Me After 2 Years Of MmmHehehe (Just Coz Im Bad At It). But I Love Mmm,And Been Wearing At Least One Mm stuff Everyday Now..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Far! I hope you will post your mmm pictures even only at the end of it as a recap. Can not wait to see it :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for accepting the award. I selected you because I enjoy your blog and want to share it with others in the sewing blogger world. It is interesting to read about you. I do stay indoors sewing. It is what I do with my time. Like you, I don't understand others wearing pj's in a public place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dorothy, Thank you again for the award! I am glad that you enjoy my blog. And I enjoy your blog as well, you had made a lot of lovely garments :-)

      Delete
  7. Great project. I can't wait to see your finish. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jessica. It is going to finish very soon :)

      Delete

Post a Comment