I mentioned on my last post that I made two tops for my mom but in the end I made three for her:)
I will meet her on the vacations very soon, so I wanted to make something special for her. I just hope that she will like it and the tops will fit her nicely.
|top A front|
|top A back|
|top B front|
|top B back|
Both tops A and B based on Burdastyle pattern 04/2014 size 44 with adjustment in the waist and hips areas ( waist : size 48 and hips : size 46), the pattern originally is for a dress.
I cut the length of the pattern, make the neckline smaller by adding 2 cm on both side and draw a new neckline, omitted the ruffles on the sleeve and hem, sew the button on the back and added the tabs on the sleeves.
The tops are facing up with same fabric and fused with light weight fusible interfacing.
Also, I used 1.5 cm seam allowances for all edges and hem. And 3 cm for sleeve hem.
Top A ( 2 1/2 yards of printed taffeta in dark blue with small white flowers), Top B ( 2 1/2 yards of Japanese cotton voile in yellow with small flowers), light weight fusible interfacing, 3 black buttons for top A, 3 white buttons for top B and same color of threads.
The process of making the tops is very easy and fast. I read all the instructions from the magazine before I copy the pattern, then the rest I just sew and followed my self-taught.
After I sew these tops, I wanted to make one for me but instead I will make a dress on the next couple moths:)
|top C front|
|top C back|
This top C based Burdastyle plus size pattern 01/2013, I only used the upper front + back and the sleeve pattern. Then I drew a new straight line from upper front + back down to the hips and continue to the middle thigh. I omitted the front slit and the back dart. I added the middle front pleat, I think you can see it in the picture above. Also, I sew the button on the back and added the tabs on the sleeves.
The top is facing up with same fabric and fused with light weight interfacing. I also added 1.5 cm seam allowances for the all edges and hem. And 3 cm for the sleeve hem.
2 1/2 yards of very soft cotton in printed blue from my stash, light weight fusible interfacing, 3 black buttons and same color of thread.
Here are the pictures of the top details,
|the tabs on the sleeve|
|back side of the top with tear drop style|